10+ Apple Dessert Recipes
10+ Apple Dessert Recipes to satisfy all of your fall cravings! This apple recipe roundup contains tons of healthy apple recipes for all types of diets – gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and more.
Fall is here and you know what that means… pumpkin spiced lattes and apple-flavored everything! I love making apple dessert recipes, and autumn is the season to do it. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Leaves changing colors, we’re lighting all of the candles, and I’m always snuggled up on the couch under a fuzzy blanket.
Usually, there’s some kind of freshly baked goodies either in my hand or on the counter. Fall is such a cozy season and always makes me think of fresh apples baking in the kitchen, filling the space with the scents of cinnamon and nutmeg. Because apples are at their peak season during the fall, I have to give you a roundup of my favorite apple dessert recipes to make this time of year. These healthy apple desserts are sure to be the newest additions to your table.
All of these apple dessert recipes are gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free. Oh, and they’re also mouthwateringly tasty! Without further ado…
Here are my top picks for the BEST apple dessert recipes to make this fall:
These fall-inspired Apple Cinnamon Scones are flaky, soft, and downright irresistible. Cinnamon and caramelized apples pair together so perfectly. The toasted pecans make this healthy apple dessert over the top. It also makes for a deliciously sweet breakfast or snack!
This decadent Apple Crisp is packed with a luscious filling made from a combination of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples. It’s topped with an oatmeal crumble topping that is crisp, crumbly, and just the right amount of sweet. This is the ultimate fall dessert!
A Slow Cooker Apple Butter that makes the perfect spread to be enjoyed on toast, mixed into oatmeal, or eaten by the spoonful! Made with only 4 simple ingredients, this guilt-free treat is about to be your newest fall staple!
The most amazing Apple Crumble Pie you will try this year! You would never guess that it’s gluten-free, vegan, and paleo because of how rich and delicious it is. Between the flaky crust, the crunchy crumbles, and the soft spiced apples, your mouth will be watering before you even take a bite.
An Apple Cinnamon Skillet Cookie that will have your taste buds doing cartwheels. We load this deep-dish cookie up with the signature spices of fall and freshly diced apples, making it the perfect treat for a cozy fall evening.
These soft, chewy Apple Blondies are absolutely incredible and topped with a warm caramel glaze that is melt-in-your-mouth good. They are loaded with warm fall spices and almost fudgy in texture. These blondies are sure to be a show-stopper at your next dinner party or brunch!
A Cranberry Apple Crisp that you are absolutely going to want to bring to your next family gathering. Crumble topping and fresh apples is easily one of my favorite flavor combinations. When you add fresh cranberries into the mix, the outcome is simply indescribable. This recipe makes for a fantastic addition to your dessert table this Thanksgiving.
This Paleo Apple Pie is so indulgent that nobody will ever guess that it’s a healthy dessert. From the flaky lattice crust to the juicy, spiced apple filling, your guests will be begging for more the moment they inevitably scarf it down. If you’ve been looking for new healthy apple desserts, look no further than this drool-worthy apple pie!
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal makes the ideal breakfast, snack, or dessert for the fall season. Topped with an unbeatable mixture of warm caramelized apples and crunchy pecans, this oatmeal is basically a decadent apple pie in a bowl.
The most delicious Small Serving Apple Crisp for when you’re craving those rich, warm flavors but are looking for an apple crisp fit for one. If you are anything like me and have zero self-control, then this recipe is perfect for enjoying an indulgent fall treat without gorging yourself.
These Apple Oatmeal Muffins that are absolutely brimming with apple flavor from the fresh sautéed apples, apple cider, and applesauce. Trust me when I say that you will want to make an extra batch of these to freeze for later. They’re seriously that addicting!Print
This Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crisp will make you want seconds! With a luscious caramel apple filling and oatmeal crumble topping, this vegan holiday dessert is irresistible. Plus, 10+ more healthy apple dessert recipes!
For the apple filling
- 2 pounds fresh apples, peeled, cored and sliced in ¼” slices
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons (14g) tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the crisp topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8×8” baking pan (or similarly sized baking dish) by lightly greasing it with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place the sliced apples in a large bowl. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the tapioca flour until dissolved, and then whisk in the coconut sugar, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3 minutes to thicken and melt together, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla extract, and then pour the caramel sauce over the sliced apples.
- Toss to coat all of the apple slices and pour into the prepared pan, spreading out the apples evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, rolled oats, and coconut sugar. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry cutter, two forks, or your hands, work the coconut oil into the flour until it comes together into a course meal with no dry flour remaining. Toss in the pecans.
- Cover the fruit evenly with the oat topping and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit filling is bubbling. If topping is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent burning.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: apple dessert, apple crisp, healthy crisp, gluten-free, vegan