30+ Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
The best Healthy Pumpkin Recipes to bake and eat this Fall! All your favorites in one place from vegan waffles to gluten-free pumpkin bread to pumpkin spice cookies…you will find pumpkin dessert recipes and more to make ASAP!
Happy pumpkin season! Can you believe we are already here? It feels like just yesterday I was whipping up this Vegan Thanksgiving Menu and now here we are again, almost a year later, diving into all things PUMPKIN!
I’ve been busy recipe testing with tons of Fall flavors but couldn’t help but revisit some Bakerita pumpkin classics. There are SO many amazing pumpkin recipes on my site already, I figured it would be easiest to round them all up in one place for you!
This list features all the healthy pumpkin dessert recipes you need this year, plus some others perfect for breakfast and brunch! Everything from vegan pancakes to chocolate chip pumpkin muffins to soft-baked cookies…you will definitely find what you’re craving! As always, these recipes are gluten-free with a variety of vegan, paleo and refined sugar-free options. I am so excited for you to start baking these recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram and leave a comment below if you do!
Tips for the best pumpkin recipes!
- Make sure to use pure canned pumpkin (I prefer organic), not pumpkin pie mix, which is pre-spiced and sweetened.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make it yourself using 4 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts nutmeg, 1 part ground ginger, 1 part cloves.
1. Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles are easy to make with a crispy exterior and a light, fluffy inside. They’re freezer-friendly too, making them perfect for meal prep!
2. Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
These Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are fluffy, chocolatey, and full of warm pumpkin spices! These are perfect for meal prepping since they freeze well and make a wonderful breakfast, snack, or dessert.
3. Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Crispies
These Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Crispy Bars have a pumpkin spice rice crispy base, topped with a layer of dark chocolate and a pumpkin spice swirl. These bars are easy to make, beautiful, delicious, and gluten-free + vegan!
4. No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
This No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake has layers of chocolate and pumpkin spice cashew-based cheesecake, on top of a chocolate date crust. This make-ahead raw dessert is perfect for the holidays.
5. Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes tastes like fall thanks to the warm pumpkin spices and maple syrup! They’re easy-to-make, light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious.
6. Paleo Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
These Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites are full of healthy fats, protein, and of course, delicious pumpkin spice flavor! These Vegan, Paleo, Keto, and Whole30-friendly energy balls will keep you going when hunger hits.
7. Paleo + Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl
This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl tastes like a smoothie version of pumpkin pie filling! It’s loaded with veggies for a filling, nutrient-dense breakfast that’s bursting with fall spices. It’s gluten-free, paleo, vegan and Whole30.
8. Paleo Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes with Chai Frosting
These Gluten-Free & Paleo Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes are soft, moist and bursting with warm chai spices and pumpkin flavor. They’re topped with an irresistible cashew-based chai frosting that you’d never guess is paleo + vegan.
9. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Fudge
This Raw Vegan Pumpkin Spice Fudge is an easy-to-make, no-cooking-necessary treat that melts in your mouth and tastes like fall! With just five ingredients, this paleo and vegan homemade fudge couldn’t be easier to make.
10. Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
These Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are a cakey and delicious spiced cookie that’s loaded with chocolate! If you like softer cookies, you’ll adore these gluten-free, paleo + vegan pumpkin cookies. One of my favorite pumpkin recipes!
11. Paleo Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies
These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies have a super chewy, fudgy texture with the warmth of pumpkin spices and gooey, melted chocolate chunks. You’re going to love these gluten-free, paleo and vegan pumpkin blondies.
12. No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake
You’ll love this super creamy No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake! It has a pecan crust and a spiced pumpkin cheesecake filling that’s made with soaked cashews. This healthier pumpkin cheesecake is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo + vegan, and absolutely perfect for the holidays.
13. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola
This Pumpkin Granola is a simple, crunchy granola that makes the perfect Fall breakfast! Made with pecans, pepitas, and maple syrup, you won’t be able to stop snacking on this gluten-free and vegan granola. Such an easy, healthy pumpkin recipe.
14. Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
These Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats, with pumpkin puree and cinnamon, will help you start your morning deliciously! Prep only takes a few minutes and they can be enjoyed straight from the fridge or warmed up.
15. Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
These Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are moist, fudge-like brownies with a swirled layer of spiced pumpkin cheesecake! These brownies are gluten-free and refined sugar-free. One of my favorite pumpkin dessert recipes.
16. Gluten-Free Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Pretzel Crust
These Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes have a crunchy, salty pretzel crust that pairs irresistibly well with the spiced pumpkin cheesecake filling! Topped with a swirl of whipped cream, this is a gluten-free dessert everyone will go nuts for – it’s perfect for the holidays.
17. Paleo Pumpkin Spice Twix Bars
These Pumpkin Spice Twix Bars are a warm, pumpkin-spiced twist on a classic candy favorite! These copycat homemade Twix Bars are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan, and the bold pumpkin spice flavors take them out of this world.
18. Healthy Pumpkin Snack Mix
This Healthy Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix is crunchy, sweet, and SO easy to make with just seven ingredients! It’s perfect for snacking on, using as a crunchy topping, or giving as a gift.
19. Chocolate Chip Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This Chocolate Chip Vegan Pumpkin Bread is quick and easy to make in one bowl! It’s warm and flavorful with lots of pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips. This gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan pumpkin bread makes a perfect breakfast or snack!
20. Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal with Sauteed Apples
This Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal is rich, creamy, and perfect for chilly fall mornings. It’s lightly sweetened with maple syrup and topped with warm sauteed apples. It’s also gluten-free and vegan.
21. Paleo Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cups
These Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cups are a gooey, pumpkin spiced twist on the more traditional chocolate cups you know and love. You’re going to go nuts for the spiced, caramel-like filling in these gluten free, paleo, and vegan pumpkin spice cups.
22. Grain-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies are made with browned butter, Cassonade sugar and flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg + cloves! You’ll love the big dark chocolate chunks in these gluten-free + grain-free cookies.
23. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffins
These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins are your favorite fall drink recreated in soft, sweet muffin form! These are the best comforting fall breakfast or snack.
24. Paleo Pumpkin Pie
This Paleo Pumpkin Pie is super creamy and healthy enough to eat for breakfast. This recipe is a wonderful gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free alternative to enjoy this holiday season. One of the best pumpkin dessert recipes!
25. Vegan Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars
These Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars are made with an oatmeal crust & crumble with a creamy pumpkin pie filling! You’ll go nuts for these gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan pumpkin pie bars.
26. Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
This Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake will wow you with its rich texture, spices, and graham cracker-style crust. It’s the perfect vegan Thanksgiving dessert, or for any other time of year you’re craving pumpkin! One of my favorite pumpkin dessert recipes.
27. Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
These Paleo Pumpkin Muffins, made with coconut flour and almond butter, are moist, fluffy, and lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. These healthy muffins make a great breakfast or snack and freeze well.
28. Paleo Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Kale Junkie
These paleo pumpkin snickerdoodles are an absolute dream! All our favorite flavors of Fall wrapped in one soft baked cookie. You won’t believe these are gluten-free and sweetened with maple syrup!
29. Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Scones
These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Scones are flaky, soft, and full of warm pumpkin spices! They’re made with canned pumpkin and topped off with crunchy pecans and a simple maple glaze. The perfect vegan scones! One of the newest pumpkin recipes around here, and one of the best!
30. Vegan Pumpkin Caramel Blondies from The Nutritious Kitchen
These easy Vegan Pumpkin Caramel Blondies are an absolute dream! The base is made grain-free, paleo and vegan which all get topped with a delicious 3 ingredient vegan caramel.
31. Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake from The Banana Diaries
This delicious Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake is perfect for a weekend brunch during Fall! We are drooling over that gluten-free crumble topping!
32. The BEST Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This Paleo + Vegan Pumpkin Pie is smooth, creamy, and perfectly spiced! You would never believe that the flaky crust is gluten-free, paleo AND vegan. This allergy-friendly pumpkin pie is the perfect vegan Thanksgiving dessert.
30+ Healthy Pumpkin Recipes, plus Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
The best Healthy Pumpkin Recipes to bake and eat this Fall! All your favorites in one place from vegan waffles to gluten-free pumpkin bread to pumpkin spice cookies…you will find something to bake up ASAP! Plus, a recipe for Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup (183g) canned pumpkin puree, make sure to use pure pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling, see Notes
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg, 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2.5 tablespoons water, whisk + let set for 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon (51g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (6 oz.) dark chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, canned pumpkin, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely smooth and combined.
- Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, blanched almond flour, and coconut flour if using. Stir until a smooth dough forms and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour, or up to 24 hours. Don’t skip this – you need to let the dough chill so the coconut oil can firm back up and make sure the cookies don’t spread too much.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop (this one is my favorite), scoop dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving 2” between cookies.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until crispy on the edges and baked in the center. Store in an airtight container.
If your pumpkin is a bit watery or thin (like Trader Joe’s brand tends to be), you’ll want to add an extra tablespoon of coconut flour to help soak up that extra moisture. Libby’s and Sprouts Brand are typically thick enough on their own, but if you have it on hand, I’d recommend adding the coconut flour anyways if you want to ensure crispy edges.
Keywords: pumpkin spice, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin recipes, healthy pumpkin, vegan pumpkin, gluten-free pumpkin, paleo pumpkin
Thank You for such a quick responds..
EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT and will be starting in making and deciding the ones I will choose for the Holidays.
Again I want to thank You for your quick reply.
I APOLOGIZE……..(Blame it on my having a bad day)
No worries Grace, so glad I could get you the link :) my bad that I sent out the wrong one with the email!! Hope today is a better day :)
24 the link isn’t correct
All fixed now!