The best Healthy Pumpkin Recipes to bake and eat this Fall! All your favorites in one place from vegan waffles to gluten-free pumpkin bread to pumpkin spice cookies…you will find something to bake up ASAP! Plus, a recipe for Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup (183g) canned pumpkin puree, make sure to use pure pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling, see Notes
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg, 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2.5 tablespoons water, whisk + let set for 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (96g) blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon (51g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (6 oz.) dark chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, canned pumpkin, coconut sugar, flax egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely smooth and combined.
- Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, blanched almond flour, and coconut flour if using. Stir until a smooth dough forms and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Chill the dough for at least one hour, or up to 24 hours. Don’t skip this – you need to let the dough chill so the coconut oil can firm back up and make sure the cookies don’t spread too much.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop (this one is my favorite), scoop dough onto the cookie sheet, leaving 2” between cookies.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until crispy on the edges and baked in the center. Store in an airtight container.
If your pumpkin is a bit watery or thin (like Trader Joe’s brand tends to be), you’ll want to add an extra tablespoon of coconut flour to help soak up that extra moisture. Libby’s and Sprouts Brand are typically thick enough on their own, but if you have it on hand, I’d recommend adding the coconut flour anyways if you want to ensure crispy edges.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin spice, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin recipes, healthy pumpkin, vegan pumpkin, gluten-free pumpkin, paleo pumpkin