20+ Vegan Cheesecake Recipes
Indulge in the best vegan cheesecake recipes! Discover dairy-free cheesecake options for every taste, from no-bake blueberry cheesecake to baked vegan chocolate cheesecake, plus tips & tricks for making the best vegan cheesecakes. All gluten-free & refined sugar-free, too!
Welcome to my collection of all the best vegan cheesecakes!! Over the years, I’ve developed a ton of deliciously creamy vegan cheesecake recipes. Everything from creamy no-bake cheesecakes to baked vegan cheesecakes with crispy crusts to the more portable vegan cheesecake bars. Each one is collected for you to scroll through below. I just know you’ll find one you love!
Why make a vegan cheesecake?
- You’re vegan, so avoiding animal products is important – but just because we’re vegan doesn’t mean we don’t love cheesecake!
- You don’t eat dairy or lactose, so a dairy-free cheesecake will be kinder to your digestive system.
- Vegan cheesecakes are made with healthier ingredients such as nuts and fruits, which provide a nutrient-dense and fiber-rich dessert option. They can also be lower in saturated fat and cholesterol compared to traditional cheesecakes made with cream cheese and butter.
- They taste delicious and will satisfy everyone – even the omnivores!
Tips for the best vegan cheesecake:
- Soak the cashews: some of these recipes use cashews as a base for the filling. When called for, make sure to soak them overnight or for at least 4 hours before blending. This helps to soften them and make them easier to blend, which will give you a creamier, smoother texture.
- Use a high-speed blender or food processor: To achieve a smooth and creamy filling, use a high-speed blender or food processor. I find a high-speed blender, like a Vitamix, gives the creamiest result. A regular blender may not be powerful enough to fully blend the ingredients quickly. However, if that’s all you have, I recommend using patience. It may take a little bit more time in the blender, but it will eventually reach a very creamy texture.
- Add acid for tanginess: to mimic the tangy flavor of a traditional cheesecake, make sure to add the lemon juice or apple cider vinegar called for in the recipe.
- Use a springform pan: A springform pan allows for easy removal of the cheesecake from the pan without damaging the crust or filling. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for even easier removal. I love using this 6-inch springform pan for these recipes.
- Chill the cheesecake: Vegan cheesecakes, both baked and no-bake, require proper chilling to set. I recommend chilling them for at least 4-6 hours or overnight to ensure the filling sets completely.
- Don’t forget the toppings: toppings can take your vegan cheesecake from good to great! Don’t hesitate to drizzle with a chocolate ganache, nut butter, or vegan caramel, add your favorite fruits, garnish with nuts, or add any other goodies to take your cheesecake up a notch.
Tools you’ll need for vegan cheesecakes
- High-Powered Blender or Food Processor: for vegan cheesecake fillings, I generally turn to my Vitamix for the creamiest vegan cheesecakes. A good food processor or more traditional blender will also work well, but it will take a little bit longer to get a super creamy result.
- Food Processor: for making most of the gluten-free cheesecake crusts, especially nut-based or date-based crusts, a food processor is great!
- 6-Inch Springform Pan: most of my cheesecake recipes are made with a 6-inch springform pan. You can use a regular 6-inch cake pan too, but the springform pan helps remove the vegan cheesecake easily from the pan without damaging the crust or filling.
How to store a dairy-free cheesecake
Once you have finished making and/or serving your vegan cheesecake, wrap it in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. Refrigerate it promptly to maintain its freshness. It’s important to keep your vegan cheesecake chilled at all times to prevent the filling from melting or becoming too soft, especially when it comes to the no-bake cheesecakes. Store your dairy-free cheesecake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Freeze it for longer storage or to make ahead: If you need to store your vegan cheesecake for longer than a few days, you can freeze it. Wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow the cheesecake to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
No-Bake Layered Blueberry Cheesecake (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
This No-Bake Layered Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake is simple to make, Paleo and gluten-free, and a total stunner! Made with soaked cashews and full-fat canned coconut milk, the cheesecake layers are lusciously smooth and creamy with a tart, fruity topping. The date-based cheesecake crust is also gluten-free.
Baked Vegan Cheesecake
In this Baked Vegan Cheesecake, a gluten-free and paleo graham cracker-style crust encases a sweet and creamy vanilla cheesecake filling. Coconut yogurt and cashews create the perfect texture to mimic a classic cheesecake.
No-Bake Vegan Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
This No-Bake Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is a gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan cheesecake made with a walnut crust, a creamy cashew cheesecake filling, topped with a luscious chocolate ganache. This healthier cheesecake alternative will satisfy your cheesecake cravings!
Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
This Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake tastes like your favorite candy turned into a delightfully creamy vegan cheesecake. With a chocolate crust, creamy peanut butter filling, and chocolate ganache topping, you won’t be able to have just one bite!
No Bake Mint Chip Vegan Cheesecake
This Mint Chip Cheesecake is a healthier paleo and vegan cheesecake, made with a creamy cashew base. It has a nutty chocolate crust and a smooth and minty filling, with crunchy cacao nibs throughout and creamy dark chocolate ganache on top.
No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
This No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is super creamy with a pecan crust and a spiced pumpkin cheesecake filling that’s made with cashews! This healthier pumpkin cheesecake is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo + vegan, and absolutely perfect for the holidays.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
This No Bake Cherry Cheesecake has a pecan coconut crust, a layer of creamy vanilla bean cheesecake, topped by a layer of vibrant cherry cheesecake. Vegan dark chocolate ganache is spread all over the top! You’ll go crazy for this gluten-free, paleo, and vegan treat.
Strawberry Orange Vegan Cheesecake with Coconut Crust
This Strawberry Orange Cheesecake with Coconut Crust is not just beautiful, but it’s bright in flavor and absolutely delicious! The lemony coconut macaroon crust is perfect with the strawberry and orange flavors. You’re going to adore this gluten-free, paleo and vegan cheesecake.
No Bake Golden Milk Cheesecake Bars
These No Bake Golden Milk Cheesecake Bars are a dessert that’s loaded with the anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric and the warmth and comfort of golden milk. They’re deliciously spiced, beautifully colored, and perfect for sharing.
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
This No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake has layers of chocolate and pumpkin spice cashew-based cheesecake, on top of a chocolate date crust. This make-ahead raw dessert is perfect for the holidays.
Vegan Chai Cheesecake Bars
These Chai Cheesecake Bars are tangy and full of spicy chai flavor – they have a vegan cashew cheesecake filling and a pecan date crust. These creamy cheesecake bars are gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and there’s no baking required!
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes
In these No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes, vanilla cashew cheesecake tops a gluten-free & paleo chocolate chip cookie dough crust. Topped with dark chocolate ganache, these mini cheesecakes make a decadent treat you’ll make again and again!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars have a peanut date crust and a super creamy cashew-based peanut butter filling – you’d never guess that they’re vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free!
No-Bake Vegan Pear Cheesecake
This No-Bake Vegan Pear Cheesecake has a simple gluten-free almond flour crust, a luscious vanilla bean cheesecake, topped off with an easy-to-make caramelized pear topping! It’s delicious, beautiful, and perfect for special occasions.
Baked Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
This Baked Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake will make your mouth water! It’s super creamy and delicious, with a rich chocolate flavor and a tasty gluten-free chocolate crust.
Vegan Apple Cheesecake with Gluten-Free Oatmeal Crust
This Vegan Apple Cheesecake is a creamy and irresistible baked vegan cheesecake that is perfect for the holidays or for any apple pie lovers! Made with an oatmeal almond flour crust, this gluten-free cheesecake is topped with a scrumptious apple pie filling.
Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
No need to free up oven space for these Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars. These “cheesecake” bars are made with soaked cashews to replicate cheesecake’s creamy texture—no dairy or baking necessary. With an easy pecan-and-date crust and tons of warm spices, these Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars are packed with the holiday season’s warm flavors. You won’t miss the dairy one bit in these gluten-free, vegan bars.
Vegan Creamy Cheesecake (NO Soaked Cashews)
This Easy No-Bake Vegan Nut Butter Cheesecake can be prepped in a few minutes, with NO soaking or blending cashews! We use nut butter to create a simple, delicious no-bake vegan cake that can be easily made cashew-free by using your favorite nut or seed butter.
Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
This Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake will wow you with its rich texture, spices, and a gluten-free graham cracker-style crust. It’s the perfect vegan Thanksgiving dessert.
No Bake Cashew Butter & Jelly Cheesecakes
These No Bake Cashew Butter & Jelly Cheesecakes are sweet individual desserts that are lusciously creamy, simple to make, and swirled with strawberry jam. You can customize them with your favorite nut butter and jelly to make them your own! They’re gluten-free, paleo and vegan.