In these No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes, vanilla cashew cheesecake tops a gluten-free & paleo chocolate chip cookie dough crust. Topped with dark chocolate ganache, these mini cheesecakes make a decadent treat you’ll make again and again!
So, I moved into a new house on April 1st. This is the last recipe I photographed in my last apartment that I’ve got left to share. It was also one of the last things I made in that apartment, period. A little bittersweet, but that means these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes carry a little extra nostalgia for me.
Settling into the new house with my boyfriend Kyle and pup Hank has been a fun, if slightly stressful, process. However, we’re at a point where things are starting to look put together. The kitchen is finally ready for me to start baking and cooking in! I can’t wait to get going on lots of new goodies…but FIRST – we need to talk about these:
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes!
Cookie dough is always a favorite of mine – whether it’s eating the dough from my paleo chocolate chip cookies straight from the bowl, or making all of the cookie dough flavored treats. For these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes, the crust is essentially just vegan, no-bake cookie dough.
It’s mixed together quickly and then pressed into the bottom of some muffin cups (OR you can make a big one in a 6″ springform pan). Make sure you get a THICK layer in there – we want maximum cookie dough here.
A simple cashew-based cheesecake filling tops the delightfully thick and scrumptious cookie dough crust. It pairs perfectly with the cookie dough. The vanilla flavoring of the cheesecake complements but doesn’t overwhelm the cookie dough.
After the layers of cookie dough and vanilla cheesecake, top the chilled cheesecakes with a luscious (and super easy!) chocolate ganache. To make the ganache dairy-free, we use coconut milk instead of heavy cream. It brings an extra layer of delectableness to the recipe.
Some recipe tips:
- You can use a 6″ springform pan instead of a muffin tin for a larger cheesecake, instead of individuals.
- Make sure to use muffin liners so you can easily remove your cheesecakes from the plan.
- You’ll need a high-powered blender or food processor to make the filling – I use (and LOVE) this Vitamix Explorian Blender, which always gets it super smooth and creamy.
I hope you love these delightful little Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes as much as I do! If you make them and share them on social media, be sure to tag me at @BAKERITABLOG and hashtag #BAKERITA on your photo! Enjoy :)
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecakes
For the crust
For the filling
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in water for 4 to 12 hours, drained and rinsed before using
- ⅓ cup (112g) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup canned full-fat coconut milk use the coconut cream on top
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil melted, use refined for no coconut flavor
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
For the topping
- ½ cup (3 ounces) dark chocolate, in chips or chopped finely
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Mini chocolate chips to garnish
Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin/cupcake liners. You can also use a 6-inch springform pan for a larger cheesecake. Set aside.
- For the crust, combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Add the vanilla extract, salt, and milk and stir in incorporate. Mix in the almond flour and chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly between the pans and press into the bottom. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine all of the ingredients in the filling. Turn the food processor or blender on medium-high and blend for about three minutes or until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy.
Divide the filling between the prepared crusts. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set completely. If you make one large cheesecake, you will need at least 4 hours to set.
- For the chocolate topping, place the dark chocolate in a bowl. Heat the coconut milk in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until steaming. Pour over the chocolate and let it sit for a minute, and then whisk until smooth. Garnish each of the cheesecakes with the chocolate ganache and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, if desired.
Serve chilled, and store in the refrigerator or freezer. The cheesecakes will soften if left at room temperature - these are meant to stay cold! Enjoy :)