My favorite ever Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that are gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free! Incredibly soft and chewy with crisp outer edges. Packed with rich peanut butter flavor, these oatmeal cookies are simply delicious!
Meet the best oatmeal raisin cookies ever! I fully believe everyone needs classic peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies available at all times. They just make life so much more comforting and happy :) The texture is incredibly chewy, rich, and soft with crisp outer edges. Everything you want in an oatmeal cookie and more!
Plus the rolled oats and sweet raisins make them perfectly acceptable for healthy breakfast.
If you’re a peanut butter lover like me and in the mood for some healthy oatmeal cookies…you’re going to love these!
What do I need for peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies?
The best part of these oatmeal cookies is how simple the ingredient list is! Here are the main items you’ll need to make them:
- Coconut Oil: Be sure to use solid coconut oil that’s slightly soft. The texture should be similar to butter. This helps create the ultimate cookie texture we all love.
- Coconut Sugar: You can also substitute brown sugar here but the coconut makes these cookies refined sugar-free! Using coconut sugar or brown sugar also helps give the cookies that classic chewiness.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: I used all-natural peanut butter to ensure these cookies were healthy and didn’t have extra additives or sugar. Look peanut butter that’s made from 100% peanuts.
- Egg: You’ll need one egg at room temperature or can sub a flax egg to make these cookies vegan!
- Gluten-Free Rolled Oats: The rolled oats help add a delicious chewiness to the cookies and help the dough come together. Make sure to use gluten-free if needed.
- Blanched Almond Flour: You’ll use finely ground blanched almond flour, just be sure to buy almond flour and not almond meal. This will alter the texture of the cookies.
- Cinnamon & Sea salt: The cinnamon adds warmth and flavor to the cookies, definitely do not leave out!
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder: This helps the cookies bake up correctly!
- Raisins: Shop for plain raisins with no added sugars to keep these refined sugar free! Feel free to sub in extra chocolate chips if you’re not a big raisin fan.
- Chocolate: optional chocolate chips! It adds an extra little something to these cookies ;) Use dairy-free or vegan varieties if needed. I love to use Hu Kitchen gems!
What makes these oatmeal cookies healthy?
Not only are the peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies rich and delicious, but they’re also packed with healthy nutrients and meet most dietary preferences!
Low in sugar
Fiber-rich from the oats!
How to make oatmeal raisin cookies vegan
While the recipe calls for 1 egg, you can easily make these cookies vegan. Here are my essential tips for a vegan oatmeal raisin cookie version:
Use a flax egg: You’ll substitute a flax egg by mixing 2.5 TBSP of water + 1 TBSP of flaxseed meal. Allow the mixture to thicken up for about 5 minutes, then use as you would a regular egg!
Cool completely! In order for the cookies to hold up their texture, make sure you cool completely after baking. Otherwise, you may end up with crumbly cookies.
Do I need to chill the cookie dough?
Yes! Chilling the cookie dough helps create thick, soft, and chewy cookies. You’ll need to chill the dough for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
That being said, you can easily prep the dough the night before making these for ease, or keep the dough stored in the fridge for up to one week!
More healthy cookies to bakePrint
The best healthy peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies that are gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free! Incredibly soft and chewy with crisp outer edges. Packed with rich peanut butter flavor and chocolate chips, these oatmeal cookies are simply delicious!
½ cup coconut oil, solid but softened, similar to softened butter
⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter I used all-natural, made with 100% peanuts
- 1 egg, at room temperature, sub flax egg to make vegan
- ¾ cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Optional: chocolate chips or gems!
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat in the egg or flax egg until well blended.
- Combine the oats, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add into the peanut butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Fold in raisins. Chill cookie dough, covered, at least 2 hours and up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Form rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies in batches in the middle of oven for 12 minutes, or until just pale golden. Cool cookies completely on the baking sheet before removing and serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American