These Vegan Raspberry Blondies are incredibly soft and chewy and full of bright berry flavor. These gluten-free, Paleo and vegan blondies are made with cashew butter, coconut flour, and fresh raspberries!
Alright, this recipe has been a long time coming and I blame only myself for you guys not having them sooner: the photos have been sitting in my Lightroom folder, unedited, for over a month or two now.
I’ve tested this recipe a number of times, and each time I photographed them, and EACH TIME the photos didn’t come out the way I wanted. Finally, the other day, I started editing a few of them to see if they were salvageable.
Although they’re not exactly what I wanted and the photos aren’t some of my faves, they’re acceptable enough to share with you, especially since these raspberry blondies are so. dang. good.
Sometimes recipe tests go into the freezer, and are promptly forgot about…not these. These were snuck from the freezer and demolished by both Jesse and I, because they’re sooo rich, and chewy, with a bright burst of raspberry flavor. If I do say so myself, they’re pretty darn irresistible.
I wanted to add chocolate chunks to these, but I held back, wanting to share a chocolate-free recipe with you guys for once. In the end, while the chocolate would have been delicious, the simplicity of these blondies allows the raspberry flavor to really shine. It also serves to highlight the fantastically chewy, rich texture that the cashew butter helps to create.
Unlike my Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies, these use coconut flour instead of almond flour. I love the way the coconut flour acts in these blondies, but I did provide an almond flour option in the notes if that’s what you have on hand or prefer.
I tested these blondies both with an egg and a flax egg, and both options were incredibly delicious – the flax egg version was maybe the slightest bit softer, but they were still awesome. I also included a nut-free option, by replacing the cashew butter with a nut-free butter like sunflower seed butter or tahini.
You could also sub in the berries for your favorite, or use a combo of berries, but I’m personally partial to the cashew/raspberry combo. The cashew butter brings that inherent rich sweetness that cashews have which pairs so wonderfully with the bright, tart raspberries.
You can have these babies out of the oven in just a half hour – time to get baking! Enjoy :)
I’m a blondie FANATIC. These are the ones you should try next:
- Paleo Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Blondies (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies (Gluten Free + Refined Sugar Free)
These Raspberry Blondies are incredibly soft and chewy and full of bright berry flavor. These gluten-free, Paleo and vegan blondies are made with cashew butter, coconut flour, and fresh raspberries!
- ½ cup thick cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, can also use flax egg – whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water and let stand for 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg (or flax egg), and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the raspberries.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator; freeze for long-term storage.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American