Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
These Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats are the perfect easy snack or dessert! With only four ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time, these peanut butter bites are absolutely irresistible. Naturally gluten-free and vegan.
Welcome, all my fellow chocolate and peanut butter-aholics. If you’re here, you probably love a good peanut butter recipe, like I do. Bonus points for a simple one – did I mention this recipe for chocolate peanut butter treats only needs four ingredients? And this recipe is both gluten-free & vegan!
This no-bake snack recipe will satisfy all your needs: it’s sweet, salty, satiating, and so very scrumptious. These crispy chocolate peanut butter bites are also customizable to your tastes – see the ingredients and notes below for the changes you can make to make these your own.
Ingredients for Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
We only need four ingredients for this simple gluten-free & vegan peanut butter crispy treats recipe!
- Puffed Rice Cereal – make sure to use a gluten-free puffed rice cereal if that’s important for who you’re cooking for! I like using these sprouted brown rice crispies.
- Peanut Butter – I’m a peanut butter obsessed, but use any of your favorite nut or seed butters here. Using tahini or sunflower seed butter will make this a nut-free recipe! I always use an all-natural peanut butter made with just peanuts.
- Maple Syrup – you can also substitute honey or agave syrup, but don’t replace with a granulated sweetener since the liquid sweetener is used for binding.
- Salt – optional, only use this if your peanut butter is unsalted!
- Chocolate – I love using dark chocolate chips for this recipe.
TIP: customize this recipe by using your favorite nut or seed butter, or by using a flavored nut butter like this strawberry cashew butter or any of these homemade nut butter recipes! You can also add mix-ins like vanilla extract, cinnamon, or your other favorite spices.
How to make peanut butter mounds
- Whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt, if using.
- Stir in the crispy rice cereal until combined.
- Form into 20 balls and refrigerate until firm.
- Top each one with melted chocolate and refrigerate again to firm up the chocolate.
- Serve & devour!
Storing your chocolate peanut butter bites
These crispy chocolate peanut butter mounds are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They’ll stay nice and crispy in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.
They do get pretty firm in the freezer, so you’ll want to let them thaw at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
The best chocolate peanut butter treats:
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
These Rice Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are the perfect easy snack or dessert! With only four ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time, these bites are absolutely irresistible.
- ½ cup (128g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (88g) maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt optional – use if your peanut butter is unsalted
- 1½ cups gluten-free puffed brown rice cereal
For the chocolate topping
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt. Stir in the puffed rice cereal until completely combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or other spoon, form 20 balls with the peanut butter cereal mixture. I like using a medium cookie scoop and pressed them firmly into the scoop to make a mound shape before placing on a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Once all of the mounds are made, place in the refrigerator or freezer to firm up for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- When they’re firm, melt the chocolate in the microwave or over the stove. If it seems too thick, add a teaspoon of cacao butter or coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Cover each mound with chocolate – you can do this by dipping each mound into the chocolate, or using a spoon to drizzle it over the top. Garnish with flaky sea salt if desired.
- Refrigerate again to firm up the chocolate, and then they’re ready to serve! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Keywords: peanut butter balls, rice Krispie balls, Rice Krispie bites, chocolate peanut butter