Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola is the perfect indulgent breakfast or snack. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar-free, and it tastes like dessert that you can have for breakfast!
It’s no secret chocolate and peanut butter are my favorites. I drone on and on about it frequently enough, so I was surprised at myself that I hadn’t created a chocolate peanut butter granola recipe yet.
Don’t worry, all has been resolved and Bakerita now has a kick butt chocolate peanut butter granola recipe (if I may say so myself). Keeping in fashion with most the other granolas I have posted on Bakerita, this one is totally gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan. It sure doesn’t taste like it though!
This granola is super rich and chocolatey. The cocoa-peanut butter-maple mixture thickly coats the oats, nuts, and coconut. It all bakes up into the most crunchy, crumbly, and super delicious granola clusters.
When it’s taken out of the oven, you’ll fold in some dark chocolate chunks. Let them get all melty, before they’re stirred in to help big clusters form. The result is the ultimate granola to eat when all you want is dessert for breakfast.
It has a rich chocolate flavor with a burst of peanut butter that gets amplified by the roasted peanuts. I added flaked coconut too because I love the texture of it. However, you can substitute with any kind of nut or seed or even more oats if you want.
Of course, this granola has also got to be healthy enough for breakfast. My breakfast of choice is berries, homemade granola, and yogurt. Recently though, my stomach has been bothering me a bit when I eat dairy. So, I’ve been eating this with yogurt alternatives, or with a big glug of non-dairy milk.
It also makes a fabulous topping for your smoothie bowls, or just for eating by the handful…it’s super snack-worthy. If you’re anywhere near as into chocolate and peanut butter as I am, you’re going to love this one. Enjoy :)
Want more granola?! Your breakfast is going to be looking good…
Easy Chocolate Granola
This Easy Chocolate Granola is a simple, gluten-free and vegan recipe that’s made with just 8 ingredients! It’s perfect served with dairy-free milk, sprinkled over yogurt, or eaten by the handful.
Coconut Pecan Granola
This Coconut Pecan Granola is a flavorful, crunchy, and just lightly sweetened with maple syrup. This gluten-free vegan granola only has 9 ingredients and it’s perfect for stirring into your yogurt, serving with milk or eating on its own as a snack.
5-Ingredient Grain-Free Granola
This 5-Ingredient Grain-Free Granola is the perfect simple granola recipe, minus the grains! It uses nuts and coconut in place of the oats to make a filling and delicious vegan & paleo granola.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola is the perfect 10-ingredient indulgent breakfast or snack. It’s gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free, and it tastes like dessert that you can have for breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peanuts and coconut flakes. In a smaller bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, except chopped chocolate, and stir until fully combined. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir together until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Pour mixture onto prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for about 1 hour, rotating every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking, and flipping sections of it, trying not to break it up too much.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with dark chocolate. Stir together slightly to allow the chocolate to coat some of the granola. Cool completely. I like to press mine down a bit right when it gets out of the oven so I get chunky granola, depends on your preference.
- When it’s fully cooled, store in an airtight container for up to a month, if it lasts that long!
Keywords: peanut butter granola, chocolate pb granola, peanut butter cup granola