Strawberry Cashew Butter
If you’re a homemade nut butter fan, you must try this irresistible Strawberry Cashew Butter! Flavored with freeze-dried strawberries and vanilla beans, this Paleo, vegan, sugar-free + Whole30-friendly treat will be a new favorite.
Meet my new favorite nut butter:
Strawberry Cashew Butter 🙌🙌🙌
Holy smokes you guys, this stuff is good.
I’ve been pedaling some delicious homemade nut butter recipes your way lately, and it seems a lot of you are enjoying the easy nut butter recipes I’ve been sharing. For those of you who haven’t yet hopped on the homemade nut butter train, I surely hope and request that this is the one to change your mind.=
I finished off my jar last night…and I’m already planning a trip to the grocery store to get more cashews and freeze-dried strawberries. Gotta make it again…despite the 15+ jars of nut butter I have in my pantry. I think I have a nut butter problem.
This one is perfect in its simplicity. Only a few ingredients, but they come together in the most magical, flavorful way to create a nut butter unlike any I’d tried before. Pure heaven, if you ask me.
Cashew butter usually isn’t my go-to, as I tend to prefer the nuttiness that comes from almonds or pecans. Cashews do have a tendency for taking on fruity flavors very well though (hence the cashew cheesecakes galore), so they became the base here, and they are the perfect nut for the job.
What goes into Strawberry Cashew Butter:
We only need THREE ingredients to make this. Maybe four if you want a dripper nut butter.
- Cashews – of course! I like starting with raw cashews and roasting them myself.
- Freeze-dried Strawberries – these pack all of the fruity, strawberry punch and give the nut butter a beautiful pink color. DON’T substitute fresh or frozen berries here.
- Vanilla Bean Powder – aka vanilla GOLD. it’s simply ground-up vanilla beans and packs such a punch. plus, it gives little vanilla bean flecks.
- Coconut Oil – this is optional, just used to make the nut butter drippy if that’s how you prefer it.
How to make Strawberry Cashew Butter:
Roast the cashews in the oven until golden, which helps bring out their roasted, irresistibly nutty + buttery flavor. I like to roast the cashews fresh because they blend more easily when they’re a little bit warm.
Blend the cashews into nut butter in the blender or food processor. Just blend patiently until the cashews have turned into a creamy, smooth, delicious nut butter. Scape down as necessary or use the tamper if you’re using a blender.
Add the freeze-dried strawberries + vanilla bean powder. Freeze-dried fruit is always one of my favorite ingredients, because it packs a tart, fruity punch without adding any liquid – meaning you can add it to pretty much anything.
Blend in coconut oil, if desired. I like my nut butter on the drippier side, so I also blended in a tablespoon of coconut oil to get it to my preferred consistency.
The vast majority of this strawberry cashew butter never get spread or smeared on anything. It made it’s way directly from spoon to mouth (or finger to mouth, in my hangry moments). A little bit got spread on apples, which was fantastic. But, it was so outstanding on its own that I didn’t want to muddle up the delicious fruity, vanilla-y flavor.
I’ll need to ration my next batch. I did share some of it though (just a bit), and the flavor was likened to a PB&J and reminiscent of the colorful frosted animal cookies from childhood.
Friend, if you love nut butters, or cashews, or strawberries, do yourself a big favor and make a batch of this Strawberry Cashew Butter. I bet you won’t be able to resist the creamy texture or the irresistibly bold and tart flavor. Oh, and it’s Paleo, vegan, AND Whole30-friendly! You can bet this will be a staple next time I do a Whole30.
I’ll be impressed if you make it last longer than a week. I’d send you each a jar if I could! Happy nut butter making :)
Looking for more nut butter? Try out one of these!
- Banana Bread Pecan Almond Butter
- Super Seed Nut Butter
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Nut Butter
- Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter
If you’re a homemade nut butter fan, you must try this irresistible Strawberry Cashew Butter! Flavored with freeze-dried strawberries and vanilla bean, this Paleo, vegan, sugar-free + Whole30-friendly treat will be a new favorite.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ¾ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the cashews on a lined baking sheet and bake in the heated for about 10 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Let cool for a few minutes on the countertop. You can also leave the nuts raw if you want.
- When the nuts are cool, add them to your food processor or high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix). Process for about 3-6 minutes, scraping down as necessary. Your time might be shorter if you’re using a high-powered blender – it will take a little bit longer in the food processor and require more scraping down.
- When the cashews have broken down into a smooth, creamy butter, add the freeze-dried strawberries, vanilla bean powder, and salt. Process to incorporate, and taste. Adjust add-ins as desired. Add the coconut oil if your cashew butter is thicker than you want it – I added 1 tablespoon.
- Transfer to a glass jar or two (like a mason or Weck jar) and store sealed for at room temperature for 1 month, or in the refrigerator for 2-3 months.
Keywords: cashew butter, cashews, freeze-dried strawberries, strawberry