Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats (Prep in 5 Minutes!)
Make breakfast better with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe! Gluten-free, vegan, and made in just 5 minutes, this is an easy make-ahead breakfast you’ll make all the time.
Okay, we love a good chocolate & peanut butter for breakfast moment over here — see: Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal & Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl. But sometimes you want an easy breakfast to be ready as soon as you wake up. Enter: Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats!
These peanut butter overnight oats are great for so many reasons. Here are just a few of the reasons why I love them:
- Easy to prep in just 5 minutes
- You can eat it straight out of the fridge or warm it up in the microwave if you prefer
- Always gluten-free (as long as you use gluten-free oats)
- You can easily make it dairy-free/vegan by using a dairy-free milk
- Unlimited flavors combinations
- The perfect vessel for ALL the toppings
Speaking of those flavor combinations…I chose one of my favorites for this recipe. If you’ve been around my blog, you’re likely not surprised to see chocolate and peanut butter! It’s my go-to and never goes me wrong.
Once you’ve tried a few batches of these vegan chocolate overnight oats and are ready for a new breakfast? Try out these Superfood Overnight Oats with Berry Chia Jam, these Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats, or these Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats.
I first made a batch of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats to leave for my boyfriend while I was away on vacation. He demolished the whole batch and requested more when I got back. A few more batches later and it was time to share! Thankfully, they’re super easy to make with just a few nutritious ingredients.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats:
- Mix together all of your ingredients! Simply stir together the gluten-free oats, chia seeds, almond milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. I make this easy on myself and mix everything together in a glass food storage container that doubles as storage.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the oats have absorbed all of the liquid. I usually prep it in the evening and let everything absorb overnight.
- Stir, spoon into your bowl, and top with garnishes! I like topping my oats with banana slices, extra peanut butter, and hemp/chia seeds. Berries and this Easy Chocolate Granola are great toppings too.
This recipe is perfect for the back-to-school season when you need QUICK breakfasts that can be ready in a flash, or made in jars to be eaten in the car, or at your desk. You can also substitute the peanut butter for any other of your favorite nut or seed butter in these Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. Enjoy!!
Want more overnight oats?
- Superfood Overnight Oats with Berry Chia Jam
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
Make breakfast better with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats recipe! Gluten-free, vegan, and made in just 5 minutes, this is a breakfast you’ll make all the time.
For the overnight oats
- 1 cup (96g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups (12 ounces) unsweetened almond milk, or nut milk of choice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (21 to 42g) pure maple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons (32g) creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons (15g) cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the toppings
- Banana slices
- Peanut butter
- Hemp/chia seeds
- Stir all of the oat ingredients together until well blended. Place in an airtight container or jars. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight, until thickened.
- Stir well before serving with banana slices, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and/or any of your other favorite toppings!
Keywords: oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate, overnight, breakfast, dessert, gluten free, vegan