Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl tastes like a peanut butter cup, but it’s actually a filling, superfood-packed breakfast that comes together in just 5 minutes! This gluten-free + vegan smoothie bowl is the perfect easy vegan breakfast.
Are you a smoothie and smoothie bowl lover like me?? I adore them – as you can probably tell from the vast number of amazing smoothie bowl recipes I’ve posted over the years. I’ve shared everything from the classic 5-minute acai bowl, to the amazingly simple strawberry banana smoothie bowl, to the fun and delicious almond chocolate coconut smoothie bowl. All so delicious.
They’re creamy, flavorful, and super refreshing, and they make the perfect vehicle for all the superfoods add-ins and all of the most delicious toppings.
Let’s be honest – when smoothie bowls are as delicious as this chocolate peanut butter one is, I eat it whether it’s cold or hot out. I’ve been known to bundle myself and hide under a blanket to keep myself from shivering as I ate a smoothie bowl. And yes, it has been absolutely worth it. (Though really, I should just be turning to my Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal on those days.)
Chocolate and peanut butter together is pretty much my favorite thing ever, so it’s a wonder that it’s been this long without me creating a chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl. This is just the inevitable coming into fruition, and it’s just as delicious as I imagined. It may just be my favorite of all the smoothie bowls (don’t tell the others). Let’s get into it!
What’s in this chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl?
The ingredients are clean, simple, and absolutely delicious! To make this bowl, all you need is:
- Dairy-Free Milk of your choice
- Peanut Butter
- Cacao Powder
If you choose, you can also add in optional, health-boosting goodies like…
- Your favorite protein powder
- Maca powder
- Chia, hemp, or flax seeds
How do we make this chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl?
Frozen bananas are the base of the smoothie bowl, and they help make it super creamy, while also adding lots of sweetness. A little dairy-free milk helps it blend up smooth. Of course, we also add peanut butter and cacao powder for flavor (or cocoa powder – whatever you’ve got will work).
Now if that’s all you have, it will be delicious as is, but I like to load mine up with a few of my favorite superfood powders. First, I add a few scoops of my favorite collagen (that I talked about in my last post) which is flavorless but adds protein and is super good for you. It’s animal-based protein, so if you’re vegan, you can absolutely substitute in your favorite vegan protein powder. Right now, this is my favorite vegan protein powder.
I also like to add two teaspoons of maca powder, which is super nutritious and gives an energy boost, and a tablespoon of chia seeds, which are full of fiber. The maca adds a deliciously nutty, sweet, caramelly flavor. Meanwhile, the chia seeds will help thicken it all up a little bit.
What are the best smoothie bowl toppings?
Now let’s get into the fun part…toppings! Here are some of my favorites:
- Banana Slices
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- Chia, hemp, and/or flax seeds
- Dark Chocolate Covered Chia Seeds
- Chopped Peanuts
- Peanut Butter Drizzle
I went a little crazy adding all of my favorite things to the top of this smoothie bowl, but oh man – it was soooo delicious!! If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter lover like I am, you’re going to be a big fan of this one. Chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast is always a good thing, right?!
Want more chocolate peanut butter breakfast ideas?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl tastes like a peanut butter cup, but it’s actually a filling, superfood-packed breakfast that comes together in just 5 minutes! This gluten-free + vegan smoothie bowl is the perfect easy vegan breakfast.
- 2 frozen bananas
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
Optional add-ins (add them if you have them!):
- 2 scoops protein powder of your choice
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds
- ½ banana, sliced
- Chocolate granola
- Peanut butter, to drizzle
- Chia seeds
- Combine bananas, almond milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, and collagen, maca powder, and chia seeds if using, in a blender (I used my Vitamix). Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be thick. Add a touch more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and all of your favorite toppings. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
- For a lower sugar option, replace half or all of the bananas with steamed and frozen cauliflower.
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 39
- Sodium: 260
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 79
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 13
Keywords: smoothie, chocolate, peanut butter, banana, gluten-free, vegan