Gluten-Free Crepes (Paleo & Grain-Free)
These Gluten-Free & Paleo Crepes are so easy to make, and are made with such healthy ingredients! This gluten-free crepe batter is made in the blender in just a few minutes and they only take a minute or two to cook. You can fill them with any sweet or savory fillings you can think of! The possibilities are endless…
I had some other post on the docket to be published today, but after I posted these paleo gluten-free crepes on my Instagram story last week, you guys went nuts for them.
SO many of you were messaging me telling me you were searching my site for the recipe and couldn’t find it. Well, that’s cause I hadn’t posted it yet! So, after quite a few recipe requests, I moved these paleo crepes to the front of the line so you guys could enjoy them ASAP.
These crepes originally came as a request from my dental assistant. She’s the sweetest and always asks about the site and the things I’ve made recently.
So, when she suggested I come up with a healthier crepe recipe that can be used for both sweet and savory fillings, I was all about it. It immediately went onto my to-do list. As soon as I got around to making them, I wondered why I didn’t do this years ago.
Crepes have always been a favorite of mine. When I studied abroad in London and traveled constantly around Europe, I ate a LOT of crepes. I remember having a ridiculously delicious ham & cheese one in Copenhagen, and one dripping with Nutella underneath the Eiffel Tower. Crepes bring back lots of delicious memories.
Now that I can make them, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and Paleo-friendly, crepes are going to be on the menu a whole lot more. Especially because of how darn easy they are to whip up!
How do you make these paleo crepes?
We make the batter for these gluten-free crepes in the blender! Simply combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. The ingredients are simple, with optional vanilla and coconut sugar add-ins if you want a sweet crepe. Once combined, put it in the fridge for 10-ish minutes to let the flours absorbed. While that happens, heat up your non-stick skillet.
Once you’ve heated your pan and chilled the batter, it’s time to make your crepes! Just pour on some batter and swirl it around in your pan to thin it out. Then, flip it over carefully with a thin spatula when it is cooked through. It will only need about 30 seconds on the other side to cook. Repeat with all your batter, and serve!
Can I prepare the gluten-free crepe batter ahead of time?
Yes! If you only want to make a few crepes, you can also save the extra batter for another day.
Once you’ve finished making your crepes, roll or fold them up with whatever sweet or savory fillings your heart desires. I went with almond butter, coconut yogurt, and berries for mine. Some of the leftover crepes went savory with chicken, pesto, and baby kale. So good!
Want crepe filling inspiration?
- Butter, cinnamon, and sugar
- Nutella and/or peanut butter
- Peaches & cream
- Cream cheese + your favorite fruits
- Strawberries & cream
- Ham & cheese
- Pesto & roasted vegetables
- Sauteed mushrooms & spinach
- Monte cristo
- Eggs & bacon
Use your imagination for your fillings. The options are pretty endless…I’m even dreaming up crepe cakes made from a big stack of these :) you’re going to love this easy recipe! Enjoy, and let me know what filling you chose in the comments below!Print
These Paleo Crepes can make any meal taste decadent, but they’re made with healthy, clean ingredients. The batter is made in the blender in just a few minutes and they only take a minute or two to cook. You can fill them with any sweet or savory fillings you can think of! The possibilities are endless…
- ½ cup (48g) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (64g) arrowroot starch
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted but cooled slightly
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until completely smooth and combined. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to let the flours absorb.
- Heat a medium or large non-stick pan over low-medium heat – I used a 10” pan. If your pan isn’t super non-stick, add a little dollop of coconut oil.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe until set, 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side until cooked through, about 15-30 seconds. Repeat until all batter is used (or keep extra batter covered in the fridge for another day).
- Serve hot with desired fillings.
Keywords: paleo crepes, gluten-free crepes, easy crepes