Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies
These Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies stay soft and chewy for days! They’re refined sugar-free with a vegan option and will satisfy all your chocolate peanut butter cravings.
How was your Valentine’s Day? Whether you’re in a relationship or not, I sincerely hope you snacked on delicious food and at least some chocolate during the day. I spent the morning making way more croissants than three girls could eat, but we tried anyway.
It was nice to finally cross croissants off my bucket list. They’d been on it for years, and I was like a proud momma as I pulled my beautifully puffed, browned, beautiful croissants from the oven. I made tons of flavors because I had tons of dough and had to use all of it.
After a morning of rolling, measuring, cutting, shaping, and proofing, my kitchen was full of plain, chocolate, ham & cheese, pesto & cheese, and raspberry & chocolate croissants. Most of them, even the chocolate, got a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt. It was perfect, but then I proceed to eat three too many, because I had to try all the flavors. And then I felt sick, but it was SO worth every bite of flaky croissant.
Even though they were totally incredible, I don’t know how often homemade croissants will show up on my table. When I want a croissant, I want it now and the three day dough process doesn’t satisfy my need for immediate satisfaction. Except for the rare special occasion, I’ll leave the croissant making to Bakery Nouveau – the best croissants I’ve ever bought and conveniently located on my street.
Now…for the quick-to-make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies!
Something that does give immediate satisfaction and definitely takes a whole lot less time than three days to make? These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies! These blondies are out of the oven within a half-hour of getting started! And who doesn’t love warm blondies? :)
These blondies are delightfully peanut buttery, not overly sweet, with just enough chocolate to keep things interesting. The recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar-free, too! You can, of course, use chocolate chips, but I recommend chopping your own chocolate. If you want to keep these refined sugar free, make your own refined sugar free chocolate chunks!
These bars lasted four days in my house, and they stayed super soft and chewy the whole time. This recipe is definitely a keeper – enjoy!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!Print
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg (or flax egg to keep vegan (for flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water. Let gel for 10 minutes before using))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz. dark chocolate chunks (use paleo chocolate chunks to keep refined sugar free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.