- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg (or flax egg to keep vegan (for flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water. Let gel for 10 minutes before using))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz. dark chocolate chunks (use paleo chocolate chunks to keep refined sugar free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert