These Paleo Chocolate Chip Blondies have amazing crispy edges, a soft, chewy center, and melty dark chocolate chunks! They’re made with almond flour and have a quick 10 minute prep time.
- ½ cup (128g) almond butter or other favorite nut or seed butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg or a flax egg to keep vegan, see Notes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour, see Notes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let the blondies completely in the pan. Use the parchment paper to pull the blondies out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.
To keep these strictly paleo, make your own Paleo dark chocolate.
For the flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water. Let gel for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened, before using.
Hazelnut flour, sunflower seed flour, and tigernut flour also work. Oat flour can be used, but only use 2/3 cup.
Keywords: paleo blondies, gluten-free blondies, vegan blondies, chocolate chip cookie bars