These Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins are moist, sweet, and perfect to pop in your mouth as a quick snack or easy breakfast. They’re gluten-free and sweetened only with bananas!
Remember the Caramel Filled Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins I made a few weeks back? Remember how I said they’re probably not the best choice for a breakfast muffin, and lean more on the side of dessert than healthy breakfast muffin? These little Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins are the opposite.
These little guys were bound to be a hit, because I adapted the recipe off one of the most popular recipes on Bakerita – Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread. It’s sooo good and totally tastes like regular banana bread, hence why everyone loves it. And because this recipe is loosely tied to that one…I had a feeling these would be delicious.
Delicious they are. These have a tender, soft crumb that’s remarkably similar to traditional wheat muffins with a slight banana flavor and bursting with fresh blueberries. I adore how fruity these muffins are, and they taste amazing with a little bit of almond butter spread on top.
I obviously opted to make my muffins tiny because they look so darn cute and I have an affinity for little mini things. You may, of course, make your muffins regular sized. You’ll just obviously get less muffins than I did.
These muffins are awesome health wise too – they have absolutely no added sugar aside from the banana. They’re Paleo-friendly, grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. I loved snacking on these pre- and post-work out, or as a quick grab and go breakfast as I ran to class. Mmmm…so good. Now I’m craving muffins.
You guys have to try these. They’re easy, quick, and delicious. Enjoy!!
- 4 bananas (2½ cups mashed or 575 grams)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (140 grams) almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (75 grams) coconut flour (see Notes)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
If you're using frozen blueberries or if your batter seems a little too thin, you can add up to another tablespoon of coconut flour to help absorb extra moisture.