These Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins are moist, sweet, and make the perfect quick snack or easy breakfast. They’re gluten-free, grain-free and sweetened only with bananas – they also freeze super well, so they’re great for meal prepping!
Hey – I’m doing another recipe update! It is deserving of some new photos and new love. I did keep the post written below the same though, for nostalgia’s sake 😊. These Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins definitely fit the bill to get a makeover. They’re a favorite of a whole bunch of readers, and they’re so darn delicious.
I photographed them as mini muffins when they were originally posted in March 2015. I opted to make them full size this time around. More muffin to love! They freeze perfectly, and you can just heat one in the microwave for a super quick and delicious breakfast treat. Hope you love these!
Remember the Caramel Filled Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins I made a few weeks back? Remember I said they’re probably not the best choice for a breakfast muffin? These little Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins are the opposite.
These little guys are bound to be a hit because this recipe is adapted from one of the most popular recipes on Bakerita – Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread. It’s sooo good and totally tastes like regular banana bread, hence why everyone loves it. Since this muffin recipe is similar to that banana bread, I could tell it would be a hit too!
Delicious they are. These have a tender, soft crumb that’s remarkably similar to traditional wheat muffins with a slight banana flavor and bursting with fresh blueberries. I adore how fruity these muffins are, and they taste amazing with a little bit of almond butter spread on top.
I obviously opted to make my muffins tiny because they look so darn cute and I have an affinity for little mini things. You may, of course, make your muffins regular sized. You’ll just obviously get fewer muffins than I did.
These muffins are awesome health-wise too. They have absolutely no added sugar aside from the banana. They’re Paleo-friendly, grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. I loved snacking on these muffins pre- and post-workout. They also make a quick grab and go breakfast when you’re in a rush. Mmmm…so good. Now I’m craving muffins.
You guys have to try these. They’re easy, quick, and delicious. Enjoy!!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Paleo Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 4 bananas 2½ cups mashed or 575 grams
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (140 grams) almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cup (75 grams) coconut flour see Notes
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup blueberries fresh is best but frozen will work too
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from my Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
If you're using frozen blueberries or if your batter seems a little too thin, you can add up to another tablespoon of coconut flour to help absorb extra moisture.