These Gluten-Free Banana Blueberry Muffins are moist, sweetened only with bananas, and are the perfect wholesome breakfast muffin. Made with coconut flour, the muffins have a tender, soft crumb that’s remarkably similar to traditional wheat muffins with a slight banana flavor. And they’re bursting with blueberries! These muffins freeze super well too — so they’re great for meal prep!
- 4 bananas, 2½ cups mashed or 575 grams
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (140 grams) almond butter, or nut butter of choice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (75 grams) coconut flour, see Notes
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh is best but frozen will work too
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 115
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 36
Keywords: banana muffins, gluten-free muffins, blueberry muffins, banana blueberry muffins