No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Pomegranate Tart
This No-Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Tart is made with 8 simple ingredients and is perfect for holiday entertaining! No baking is required for this gluten-free, paleo, and vegan tart.
Oh, pomegranates. How I love you so.
Pomegranates have been one of my favorite fruits ever since I was a little one. My mom would set me up on a table outside with a cut pomegranate, only after she’d tucked a towel into my shirt to prevent me from getting red stains all over myself. I’d tear into those pomegranate chunks. It was a game, trying to find all the bright, jeweled seeds nestled into the pomegranate’s crevices.
Their tart, bright flavor and the way they *pop* in your mouth like little beads of juice has always been irresistible to me. So, it’s astounding that this is somehow my first pomegranate recipe. But, my friends, it’s a good one.
And it’s so, SO easy to make! 👏👏👏
How to make this Chocolate Pomegranate Tart:
First, you’ll make the simple chocolate crust. It’s a mixture of blanched almond flour, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, and pure maple syrup. I like to add a pinch of salt, too, just to amp up that chocolatey flavor. You’ll simply stir all the ingredients together and then press into a tart pan.
While the crust refrigerates, you’ll prep the chocolate ganache filling – also incredibly simple! We make the chocolate ganache primarily with dark chocolate and canned coconut milk. We also add some pure pomegranate juice, which adds a tart bite to the ganache and cuts through the richness of the chocolate.
Once the ganache is poured into the tart shell, you’ll garnish with a whole bunch of pomegranate arils. I used about 1/3 cup of arils, but honestly, I’d recommend adding even more than I did – than you’ll get pomegranate seeds bursting in your mouth with every bite!
Stirring some pomegranate seeds into the chocolate would also be delicious.
You’ll just need to refrigerate the tart until firm and you’re ready to serve. This tart is perfect on its own, but if you wanted to garnish with some coconut whipped cream, that wouldn’t be a bad idea.
I don’t have a tart pan! What else can I use?
You can absolutely make this recipe in an 8×8″ or 9×9″ square baking pan. I recommend lining with parchment paper for easy removal from the pan. You could also use an 8″ springform pan.
This Chocolate Pomegranate Tart is:
- Simple to make
- Super chocolatey and rich
- Bursting with pomegranate flavor
- Beautiful to serve
- No baking necessary!
- Easy to make ahead of time
I hope you love this one as much as I do!
If you like this, check out these gluten-free vegan recipes…Print
This No-Bake Chocolate Pomegranate Tart is made with 8 simple ingredients and is perfect for holiday entertaining! No baking required for this gluten-free, paleo, and vegan tart.
For the crust
- 2 cups (192g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup (21g) cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (67g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons (40g) pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
For the filling
- ½ cup (114g) canned full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup pure pomegranate juice
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ to 1 cup pomegranate seeds, depending on preference
- Lightly grease an 8-inch pan with a removable bottom with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crust and stir together until fully combined. Press evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the prepared tart pan. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring coconut milk and pomegranate juice just to a boil. Pour hot coconut milk mixture over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then whisk until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Garnish the top with pomegranate seeds.
- Place tart in the refrigerator to set and cool completely, about 1 to 2 hours. Slice and serve.
- Store all leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: vegan pomegranate, chocolate ganache, chocolate tart, vegan chocolate dessert