Make your own Healthy Pumpkin Spice Syrup, perfect for making your own vegan pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin chai lattes, or for drizzling on top of pancakes! It’s dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
- ½ cup (122g) pure pumpkin puree
- 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, & ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, optional, for extra sweetness and a thicker texture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the pumpkin and spices in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook for about 1 minute, to cook off any “canned pumpkin” flavor, stirring regularly.
- Next, add in the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and water. Mix to combine and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the coconut sugar is dissolved. It should have a thin, pourable consistency, with a little bit of caramelly texture.
- Add more water if it’s thickened more than you’d like, and note that it will thicken a bit as it cools. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour into the bottle of your choice. I like these flip-top bottles. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Nutritional info is based on a 2-tablespoon serving size and includes the optional coconut sugar.
Keywords: Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin syrup, pumpkin spice syrup, cinnamon syrup, starbucks syrup, pumpkin spice syrup recipe