Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles (Freezer Friendly!)
These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles are easy to make with a crispy exterior and a light, fluffy inside. They’re freezer-friendly too, making them perfect for meal prep!
In my adult life, I never had a waffle maker until a month or two back, when I found one at a garage sale and decided it was finally time to get one. It took long enough since I’m definitely a waffle person over a pancake person. Crispy edges will get me every time!
Since I got my waffle maker, I’ve been a fanatic. I have a full freezer stocked with all sorts of waffles, including these paleo vegan waffles and a few other flavors I’ve been testing out! These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles are definitely my go-to this season, though. The warm pumpkin spices in these fluffy waffles are perfect with maple syrup and pecans. They’re easy to make, too!
How to make Pumpkin Waffles:
Whisk together the wet ingredients – the dairy-free milk, apple cider vinegar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and then whisk until fully combined.
Spoon the batter onto a heated waffle iron and let cook until crispy and cooked through. For me, it’s usually about a minute after steam stops coming from the waffle iron.
Serve warm with maple syrup, butter, coconut cream, or whatever else your heart desires! Freeze the leftovers for tomorrow :D
How can I freeze these waffles?
It’s super easy! It also makes this recipe absolutely perfect for meal prepping, because you can make a big batch of waffles for Sunday breakfast and store the rest in the freezer, ready to eat on your busy mornings after a quick toast.
To freeze, I recommend cooling the waffles completely. Once cool, stack them in an airtight container or place them in a zip bag and seal. Label the bag with the contents and the date and freeze! When you’re ready to eat, simply grab a waffle or two and toast them in a 350°F toaster oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until warmed through.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! I’ve got a stash in my freezer right now and you can bet I’m having them for breakfast tomorrow. Want to join me??
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these recipes too!
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal with Sauteed Apples
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars
These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles are easy to make with a crispy exterior and a warm, fluffy inside. They’re freezer-friendly too, making them perfect for meal prep!
- 1 cup (8 ounces/227g) almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80g) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (50g) refined coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (38g) coconut sugar
- 2 cups (192g) blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup (90g) tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Plug in your waffle iron to let it heat up while you prepare the batter.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cream of tartar, sea salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Let the batter stand for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron and add enough waffle batter to fill the waffle cavity. Cook according to waffle iron’s directions, until golden brown and crispy. In my waffle iron, this takes between 4 and 5 minutes.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more oil (if needed) between each waffle.
- Serve with your desired toppings while the waffles are still warm.
To freeze the waffles:
- Let the waffles cool completely before placing in an airtight container or zip bag. Place in the freezer.
- To reheat, toast at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and crisped to your liking. Best used within 3 months.
Keywords: waffles, vegan, gluten free, pumpkin, maple, breakfast