These Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Waffles are easy to make with a crispy exterior and a warm, fluffy inside. They’re freezer-friendly too, making them perfect for meal prep!
- 1 cup (8 ounces) almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80g) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (50g) refined coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups (192g) blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup (90g) tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Plug in your waffle iron to let it heat up while you prepare the batter.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the dairy-free milk of your choice and apple cider vinegar and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cream of tartar, sea salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Let the batter stand for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron and add enough waffle batter to fill the waffle cavity. Cook according to waffle iron’s directions, until golden brown and crispy. In my waffle iron, this takes between 4 and 5 minutes.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone, adding more oil (if needed) between each waffle.
- Serve with your desired toppings while the waffles are still warm.
To freeze the waffles:
- Let the waffles cool completely before placing in an airtight container or zip bag. Place in the freezer.
- To reheat, toast at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and crisped to your liking. Best used within 3 months.