Gluten-Free Vegan Jam Bars
These Gluten-Free Vegan Jam Bars are made with a scrumptious oatmeal crumble crust that doubles as a crumb topping and a thick layer of jam in the middle. They’re the perfect easy, vegan holiday dessert. Thanks to FoodSaver for sponsoring this post!
December is here. This is a baker’s Superbowl — the time when everyone is baking and I get to share my recipes with you all, and my baking creations with all my friends and family. It’s the time for gifting all sorts of sweets and treats with the ones you love and appreciate.
I love experimenting with new recipes for the holiday season and creating new twists on old favorites. While brainstorming for the recipes I want to share this holiday season, I remembered the jam bars my mom used to make around the holidays. They were always simple, with the same dough doubling as the crust and the crumble, and a layer of jam in the middle. Usually berry jam, since that is my mom’s favorite.
For the holidays this year, we’re making updated jam bars.
Gluten-Free Vegan Jam Bars!
This new version of my old favorite has the same flavors I remember, but with a little update to make the recipe gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan with a few simple switches.
For the dough, we swap the traditional flour for a mix of almond flour, coconut flour, and rolled oats. The butter and sugar are replaced by coconut oil and coconut sugar. In between the layers of crust and crumble (made with the same dough) we add a thick layer of jam – I like using berry jam.
Can you use a different flavor of jam?
Absolutely! You can vary the flavor of the jam bars by using your favorite kind of jam. Apricot jam, cherry jam, or even a spread like apple butter or pumpkin butter would work great.
Can you make the Jam Bars ahead of time?
Yes! Once the bars are baked, you can serve them straight away, or save them for gifting or serving at your own holiday gathering. I used my FoodSaver FM2000 to seal these up in a FoodSaver container almost a week before Thanksgiving and served them on the big day – they still tasted SO fresh.
I love using my FoodSaver to help me make-ahead for the holidays, which leaves me way more time day-of to spend time with my friends and family…instead of standing in the kitchen all day. The containers are perfect for meal-prepping, making desserts ahead of time, or saving leftovers.
It also makes a fabulous gift for mom, dad, or any of the foodies in your life. Everyone I know who has one of these is obsessed and finds any excuse to use it 😂. Of course, it’s also perfect for people like me who always have SO much food on hand that we can’t possibly eat it all before it goes bad. The FoodSaver helps me keep it fresh until I get to it, or find someone to share it with.
What other treats are great for gifting?
Here are some of my other favorite recipes to gift to my loved ones! They all save well with a FoodSaver container or bag, which helps them stay so fresh for shipping.
- Paleo Magic Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- Chocolate Chunk Gingerbread Blondies (Gluten-Free, Paleo + Vegan)
- Chai Sugar Cookies (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
These Gluten-Free Vegan Jam Bars are made with a scrumptious oatmeal crumble crust that doubles as a crumb topping and a thick layer of jam in the middle. They’re the perfect easy, vegan holiday dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- In the clean mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir until combined. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, rolled oats, and salt. Stir until the dry ingredients are completely moistened and crumbly. Reserve about 1 cup of the crust mixture and press the rest evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top the crust with the jam, spreading an even layer, and then crumble the remaining crumble topping on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden brown. Let cool completely in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
- Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: jam, bars, pie, crumble, vegan, gluten free, dessert