These Funfetti White Chocolate Blondies taste like a fudgy Funfetti cake, made even more delicious by a white chocolate ganache and lots of sprinkles! This easy recipe uses a secret ingredient to get that special cake mix flavor.
Okay, first things first, I thought it was about time I finally have a reader survey. 4 years into blogging…it’s probably overdue. I kept it short and sweet for you guys – I know you’re busy, so it’s only 10 questions! I write Bakerita for you all, and I’d love some feedback about how I’m doing and what you’d like to see in the future.I’d absolutely love it if you’d click through below to take the survey. It’ll open in a new window, so you can keep reading this post. Thanks in advance!
Now, let’s talk about these funfetti white chocolate blondies! These were made in celebration, because every celebration needs sprinkles, right?! I made these to celebrate my 1000th Instagram post and held a little thank you giveaway (sorry, it’s closed now). They got cut into cute little circles that looked like doughnuts and got promptly devoured. Because seriously…they’re so good.
These are yet another variation on my favorite blondie base, and this time the batter got a pretty significant dose of melted white chocolate and sprinkles mixed into it. Also mixed in there is a secret ingredient that totally gives these bars that cake mix flavor that makes Funfetti cake so good.
The secret? Butter extract! It sounds odd, but that artificial butter flavor is spot on, and gives these bars that certain flavor you can’t quite put your finger on. You can pick up butter extract near all of the other extracts at the grocery store, usually near the spices. If you don’t have it on hand, these bars will still be great without it.
The texture of these blondies is actually pretty similar to a brownie, thanks to the white chocolate in the dough mixture. The bars even had that crackly crust we all covet on our homemade brownies. They’re dense, fudgy, and delicious on their own, but…
To make these even more fun, I whipped up a super quick white chocolate ganache to slather on top. With a nice sprinkling of sprinkles, these bars are super fun to serve and to eat. They also stayed good for days, staying super fudgy and moist the entire time they lasted.
I hope you’ll try these irresistible bars (especially because the recipe is so darn easy!) and I really really hope you’ll take my survey. Click here to take it!Print
For the blondies
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 oz. white chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
For the ganache
- 4 oz. white chocolate (chopped finely)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine chopped white chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 15 seconds, and stir until smooth. Add the sugars and whisk until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla and butter extracts, and whisk to combine. Fold in the flour, salt, and sprinkles and stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula or offset knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the bars are set. The edges will be slightly pulling away from sides of pan. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- To prepare the ganache, heat the heavy cream in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute or until the cream is very hot. Add the white chocolate and allow to sit for one minute. Stir until smooth and pour over the bars. Top with more sprinkles.
- Allow bars to cool for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving into 16 squares. I like to refrigerate them before cutting to make them easier to cut. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.