This Raspberry Coconut Crumble Tart has an almond coconut crust that doubles as a crumble topping, filled with fresh raspberries! This easy recipe is Paleo-friendly, gluten free, refined sugar free, and vegan.
However, it’s time for a little detox. Not a real detox though, because real detoxes are hard and not delicious. This detox involves a raspberry coconut crumble tart, which is anything but hard, and it’s most definitely delicious.
After sooo much chocolate, I was craving something light and fruity. Because I adore raspberries, hadn’t baked with them in a while, and they were on sale at the grocery store, they became the star of the show.
Normally I wouldn’t think to pair coconut and raspberries, but Natalie over at Tastes Lovely made an incredible looking Healthy Chocolate Tart that used my crust recipe from this Dark Chocolate, Coconut & Macadamia Nut Tart and it reminded me of how much I love that crust! It’s made of almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut oil, and a teensy bit of sweetener. It bakes up golden brown and a little crispy, but softens after a few hours of cooling. It’s super delicious, and you won’t care at all that it’s healthy.
After making the crust, I piled on some lightly sweetened raspberries on top and added a little bit of crumble. The crumble is repurposed from the crust – I’m not trying to do more work than I need to.
Pop it in the oven for 45 minutes, but after 20 tent it with foil to prevent the crust from getting too brown. Trust me. I forgot and uh, almost burnt this one. Learn from my mistakes. Burnt coconut = no good.
After the tart cools completely, devour. Seriously. There’s no gluten, dairy, refined sugar, grains, eggs, or guilt in this tart. It’s totally safe for all you Paleo folks too.
My housemates were dubious about this one, but they all told me that even though they weren’t sure they would like it, it was surprisingly delicious and they ate it happily. Even the one who doesn’t like coconut! Win.
And then, if you want, make this raspberry coconut crumble tart a little less healthy and add ice cream. To keep it Paleo, make banana ice cream! Enjoy :)
Raspberry Coconut Crumble Tart (Paleo, GF + Vegan)
For the filling
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add raspberries, honey and tapioca starch to a medium bowl and toss until coated. Set the mixture aside while you make the crust.
- Add the almond flour, shredded coconut, honey, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt to a different bowl and whisk until combined. Add the coconut oil and use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a heaping ½ cup of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough evenly into the pan. Pour the raspberry mixture over the crust, making sure the juices stay behind in the bottom of the bowl.
- Sprinkle the reserved crust evenly over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is lightly brown. At around 20 minutes, tent the tart with foil to prevent it from getting too brown. Let cool completely before slicing into wedges and serving.