Chocolate-Covered Bites, Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl & Daily Harvest Review
My Daily Harvest Review, plus simple recipes for chocolate-covered bites (the perfect easy snack!) and a mint chip smoothie bowl. You’ll love these simple snack hack upgrades to some of Daily Harvest’s most popular and delicious products! Thanks to Daily Harvest for sponsoring this post.
When things get busy, cooking quickly falls to the bottom of the list for most of us. That includes me, and I cook for a living, so I know most of you are probably in the same boat! When you’re feeling hungry & lazy, the first instinct is to just order food in…which adds up so quickly ($$$) and isn’t the healthiest choice.
That’s where Daily Harvest comes in – instead of turning to the food delivery apps, turn to your freezer! I’ve been loving it, and want to share a little Daily Harvest review with you. Daily Harvest makes so many amazing plant-based, gluten-free, dairy-free foods that could not be easier to prepare. From Smoothies, to Harvest Bowls, to Oat Bowls, Scoops, and Flatbreads (and more)…there’s something for everyone, every meal, and every dietary preference. It makes it so much easier to get in your daily dose of fruits and vegetables.
I personally love their Smoothies (Passionfruit + Pineapple and Strawberry + Peach are two of my favorites), the Scoops (their version of dairy-free, plant-based ice cream and oh my goodness, so good! I adore the Chocolate + Ooey, Gooey Midnight Fudge), the Bites (see below for how to make them even BETTER), the Harvest Bowls, and the Flatbreads! But really…I haven’t tried something I haven’t enjoyed.
How it works is simple: you sign up for Daily Harvest, then go through all of their amazing collections of food and pick out 9-26 amazing goodies you want to try out of their over 90 options! My code BAKERITABLOG will get you up to $40 off your first Daily Harvest box.
Why try Daily Harvest?
- All gluten-free, dairy-free & plant-based
- Organic & nourishing
- Stored in the freezer so it’s ready when you are
- Never uses gums, preservatives, or anything artificial
- So easy to prepare in just a few minutes
- Easy to jazz up on your own to add extra veggies or protein
- Delivered to your door weekly or monthly to fit your schedule – you can also skip weeks, swap items, and change box sizes!
- Over 90 options for any time of day!!
How to make Chocolate-Covered Bites
Daily Harvest Bites are SO good and do not get me wrong — they are absolutely fabulous on their own. They come in seven delicious flavors, each as delicious as the last. We’ve got: Hazelnut + Chocolate Bites, Cacao Nib + Vanilla Bites, Coconut + Lemon Bites, Espresso Bean + Tahini Bites, Banana + Cacao Bites, Matcha + Musasaki Bites, and Raspberry + Fig Bites!
But…I wanted to jazz them up a bit, make them a little bit more special, and honestly, with this upgrade, they’re perfect for serving to anyone as a dessert, and they’re so dang good for you!
- Melt dark chocolate with a bit of coconut oil to make a smooth, thin chocolate sauce in a small, deep bowl.
- Use a fork to dip the bites into the chocolate, one at a time, letting excess chocolate drip off before placing the bite onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate.
- Sprinkle with a topping of your choice before the chocolate hardens!
What are the toppings?
For each bite flavor I had (I had five of them), I did a different corresponding topping. Here are some recommended toppings for each flavor. The one I used will be in bold!
- Hazelnut + Chocolate Bites: hazelnut pieces, cacao nibs, chocolate drizzle
- Cacao Nib + Vanilla Bean Bites: cacao nibs, vanilla bean powder, chocolate drizzle
- Coconut + Lemon Bites: dried lemon zest, coconut flakes
- Espresso Bean + Tahini Bites: crushed espresso beans, sesame seeds
- Banana + Cacao Bites: flaky sea salt, freeze-dried bananas, cacao nibs, chocolate chips
- Matcha + Musasaki Bites: matcha powder
- Raspberry + Fig Bites: freeze-dried raspberries, chopped dried figs
A review of my experience with Daily Harvest, plus simple recipes for chocolate-covered bites (the perfect easy snack!) and a mint chip smoothie bowl. You’ll love these simple snack hack upgrades to some of Daily Harvest’s most popular and delicious products!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- About 15 Daily Harvest Bites
- Toppings of choice: chopped hazelnuts, cacao nibs, freeze-dried raspberries, flaky sea salt, matcha powder, or see post for more ideas
- Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 15-second increments, stirring between each, until melted and glossy.
- The mixture should be thin and drippy. If it seems too thick, add a little bit of coconut oil until it reaches a thinner, drippy texture.
- Using a fork or dipping tool, dip each bite into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off, and then place it onto the parchment-lined plate or baking sheet. Sprinkle on the desired topping before the chocolate sets.
- Repeat until all of your Bites are dipped. Store in the freezer.
Keywords: daily harvest, bites, snacks
How to make the Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl
To spice up this Daily Harvest review, I want to share another favorite hack to make their Smoothies even more exciting! To make this recipe, we’re using Daily Harvest’s Mint + Cacao Smoothie and making a small adjustment to make it super thick, creamy, and perfect for enjoying as a decadent breakfast or dessert. I’m a BIG smoothie bowl fan, and while we show this little trick using the Mint + Cacao smoothie, you can use these instructions to make any Daily Harvest smoothies into a smoothie bowl!
- Grab your smoothie from the freezer.
- Instead of filling to the top with dairy-free milk, fill the cup about 1/2 way up with milk.
- Pour into the blender and blend until smooth, it should be super thick and creamy. Add milk a teeny bit at a time if it needs some extra help to blend smoothly.
- Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately and eat with a spoon!
I’ve been so into how easy Daily Harvest makes feeding myself and my loved ones quick, healthy, and delicious meals. It’s truly a game-changer!! I hope you decide to try Daily Harvest! Use my code BAKERITABLOG to get up to $40 off your first box!
If you decide to try it out, let me know what you think in the comments below :D