These Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Rolls are super easy to make – only one bowl and no yeast required! They’re ready in 45 minutes and perfect as a quick breakfast or snack.
Yesterday, my roommate and I woke up decently early, feeling refreshed, and decided to head to the farmer’s market. It was quintessential perfect fall outside, with the leaves changing into rainbows on their branches, a crisp blue sky and a chilly bite in the air.
At the farmer’s market, pumpkins were everywhere with piles of apples on all of the tables in every variety you can imagine. There were apple ciders, pear ciders, and flavored versions of them both. It was buzzing with the warmth and comfort of fall – my favorite thing about the season.
We bought three stunning bouquets of flowers to spread around our apartment. How can you resist big beautiful flower bouquets for $7?! I also bought Marionberry Jam from a local jam maker…it’s soooo good. I only chose that one after tasting all the jams of the table though, of course. I also picked up 5 pounds of apples, because some serious apple baking is going to commence this week.
After a stop at the car to drop off our haul, we went to Bakery Nouveau. If you’re in Seattle and want my bakery recommendation, that’s it. They’re some of the best croissants I’ve ever had, including Paris. When my mom visited, I took her there on the first morning and she demanded we go back every day. Seriously swoon-worthy croissants, guys, and the constant line out the door shows it. Yesterday I got a new one: spinach and feta. It was super flaky, in a pretty round shape with cutouts on the top. I wish I had another one right now.
If I can’t get my hands on another croissant though, these Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Rolls should do the trick on a fall morning. You could probably even have them done in just about as long as it would take to get back from a bakery.
These pumpkin rolls taste like they spent a bit of time rising because of their similarity to bread, but there’s no rising necessary! You just stir together all of the ingredients, divide the dough into fourths, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and bake for 30 minutes.
These are incredible served warm with butter or cream cheese, and they also reheat really well. Just cut them in half and toast for a few minutes and they’re as good as they were fresh.
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a medium sized baking pan or sheet.
- In a big bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the pumpkin puree, eggs and milk and mix with a wooden spoon. The dough will be quite wet and sticky. If necessary, add some more flour so you can shape the rolls.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and transfer each to the parchment linked baking pan. Lightly flour your hands and shape the dough portions into 4 round balls. Sprinkle each dough ball in cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the rolls to cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool until warm or room temperature.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Like these? Try their savory counterpart!