These Ultimate Chocolate Spiderweb Cookies are perfect for Halloween! They’re double chocolate cookies, full of chocolate chunks, and topped with white and dark chocolate ganache.
Typically, I’m sort of the worst about doing holiday themed posts. I occasionally get them up a few weeks before the holiday, but usually I don’t even realize how close a holiday is until we’re about three days out and I haven’t even begun to think about a themed dessert.
Thankfully, that’s not the case today, and I have a Halloween themed recipe ready for you almost three weeks in advance! I surprise myself sometimes too. Now you have a super quick recipe that you can whip up for any spooky Halloween parties you have coming up.
These cookies are super deep, dark, and rich in chocolate, as all good Halloween desserts should be. The cookies only take four ingredients! They’re made using the Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix, one of my personal favorites from their cookie line.
The cookies are good as they’re regularly made, but I decided to give them a deep, dark upgrade by adding a few tablespoons of Dutch-processed cocoa powder. This makes the cookies super dark and chocolatey. Once they’re baked, you get to have some fun with chocolate ganache!
I spread dark chocolate ganache all over the cookies and then made swirls with white chocolate ganache that I piped out in a Ziploc bag. I ran a toothpick through the swirls to make them look like spiderwebs. Pretty cute, huh? And it’s super simple. This would be a fun one to do with kids!
The cookies, once the ganache is added, are so rich and chocolatey that they’ll satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings. The cookies are super soft and moist, and the ganache adds an extra layer of fudginess. When you’re decorating, don’t worry about it being perfect! Mine clearly aren’t, and these are more about fun, gooey chocolate treats with a fun Halloween twist than a cookie that needs to be perfectly decorated. They’ll be delicious no matter how they look :) enjoy!
For the cookies
- 1 package Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 egg
For the ganache
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (chopped)
- 3 oz. white chocolate (chopped)
- ¾ cup heavy cream (divided)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, stir together all cookie ingredients. Divide the dough into 12 equal balls of cookie dough and set 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Place the dark chocolate in one small bowl, and the white chocolate in a different small bowl. In a microwavable measuring cup, heat the heavy cream for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until the cream is starting to bubble.
- Pour 1/2 cup heavy cream over the dark chocolate and the remaining 1/4 cup heavy cream over the white chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds, and then stir each until smooth.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spread the dark chocolate ganache on top of all the cookies. Place the white chocolate ganache in a Ziploc bag and snip the corner. Draw a series of concentric circles on one of the cookies, on top of the chocolate ganache. Use a toothpick to draw lines coming out from the center of the circles, forming a spider web shape. Repeat for all of the cookies.
- Let chocolate ganache cool completely before serving.
- Category: Dessert