This Chocolate Peppermint Bark is a healthier twist on the holiday classic! It has a layer of dark chocolate topped with minty homemade vegan white chocolate and a sprinkling of crushed peppermint candies. You’ll adore this gluten-free, paleo and vegan peppermint bark!
For the dark chocolate
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
OR make your own dark chocolate
For the white chocolate
- Line a 9×9” baking pan or small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until smooth and melted. Alternatively, whisk together the melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until smooth. Pour chocolate onto the prepared pan and place into the refrigerator or freezer to set.
- While the dark chocolate sets, make the white chocolate. In a medium-sized heat-safe bowl, place the cacao butter and coconut oil. Heat indirectly by creating a make-shirt double boiler. Place the bowl over small pot of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Allow the cacao butter and coconut oil to melt, stirring occasionally. The mixture will be thin.
- With the mixture still over the simmering water, add the cashew butter and mix to combine. Add the maple syrup, salt, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pot and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before adding the peppermint extract and whisking again to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Once the white chocolate is slightly cooled, pour over the set dark chocolate. If desired, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies or cacao nibs. Return to the refrigerator to set for about an hour. Break up with your hands or cut into pieces with a knife.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert