This easy recipe for Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes is a healthy and delicious breakfast that is gluten-free and full of protein!
Who doesn’t love a good stack of pancakes? If you don’t, well, we can’t be friends anymore.
Hopefully we’re still friends, and you’re still here, because if you are…you’re going to love these pancakes.
And guess what? If you are for some reason not into either peanut butter, banana, or chocolate chips, I have a giveaway where you can win an e-cookbook called Stack’d that has over 30 recipes for amazing protein pancakes. This e-cookbook was written by a lovely girl named Jessica, and it is available on Amazon for only $3.49!
The recipe are simple to follow, it includes gorgeous pictures of mouthwatering pancakes, and the flavor combinations that she’s come up with are nothing short of brilliant. The strawberry shortcake pancakes are calling my name next, and then I have to try one of the savory pancakes she has. Cheddar & chive, anyone?
Oh, and did I mention all the recipes are gluten-free?! Love that!
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED. Thanks to all who entered!
Entering the giveaway is super simple – just use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter (make sure you answer the mandatory question in the comments below!) and one lucky winner will receive a free copy of Stack’d for their Nook, iPad, or Kindle, and if the winner doesn’t have a tablet, it will be sent in a PDF.
I will notify the winner by email, so make sure that it is correct. The winner has 24 hours to respond, and after that, a new winner will be chosen if the original winner has not responded.
And if you don’t win…the book is only $3.49, and a darn good investment if you ask me. The giveaway ends on October 2nd, so be sure to enter before then. The widget below sometimes takes a short while to load, so be patient!
Good luck, and happy pancake eating!
Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
- 3 tablespoons milk any kind
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 heaping tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 1 banana medium; cut into 1/2" rounds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 5 oz/143 g nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 1.6 oz/46 g rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla whey protein powder optional
- To keep pancakes warm while you make the full batch, preheat oven to 200*F.
- Using a blender or Magic Bullet, first add all of the wet ingredients then dry ingredients (except chocolate chips). This will expedite the blending process, brief though it may be. Blend until the oats are broken down and the batter is smooth, about 10-15 seconds. Because chocolate chips have a sneaky way of ending up at the bottom of the blender or bowl, sprinkle some on each pancake after you pour the batter on the griddle or pan.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or pan to medium. Test the temperature with a quick spritz of water - just run water on your finger tips and flick it in the direction of the cooking surface. If it sizzles, it's ready. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and you're all set for the batter.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle or pan. Cook on the first side for 1-2 minutes or until the edges start to cook and bubbles appear on the surface. Lift the side of the pancake up just a bit to see where it is in the browning process. Ideally, let them cook until they are a golden, maple color.
- Because these pancakes won't have quite the rigidity of their flapjack forefathers, the swooshing technique can work wonders. Grab a spatula and quite literally swoosh it under the target pancake in one swift motion. Then flip it over.
- Cook on the second side for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish and keep warm in the oven. Continue with remaining batter.