This easy Chocolate Whipped Cream Tart has a chocolate chip cookie crust and a creamy, whipped filling! This tart comes together quickly, and has only 5 ingredients.
So, you know those tiny, crunchy cookies that you can buy at Costco or Trader Joe’s? Well, I buy those all the time. My excuse is always “but I’m going to make something with them!” to my hesistant parents.
We always go home with the cookies, and they end up being eaten without ever being transformed into something new. So, last week, at Trader Joe’s I bought the cookies and vowed that I actually would make something with them this time. I had been dreaming about turning them into a crust for some sort of pie/tart, but I couldn’t decide what to put inside of it!
I ended up making the crust and then sitting and wondering what to make. I had some heavy whipping cream, and it was a hot day…so why not a whipped cream? I added some melted chocolate to it, and voila! Chocolate whipped cream.
My whole family devoured it and loved how it gave a chocolate flavor without being at all heavy or filling. Since we ate it between lunch and dinner, we referred to it as an “afternoon snack”. That’s how we roll in my family.
You don’t eat chocolate pies for a snack?
You need to change your ways.
You can enjoy this pie after a summer BBQ, while you’re lounging around, for breakfast, or for an afternoon snack. Whenever you eat it, it’s delicious, chocolatey, and absolutely refreshing (chocolate. refreshing. it’s true).
I do hope you’ll try it, because it’s so incredibly easy!Print
- 3 cups small crunchy cookies*
- ¼ cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a food processor, grind cookies until they are a fine powder and not chunks remain. Add in butter and process until it comes together. It’s okay if it turns brown, the butter has just melted the chocolate in the cookies.
- Press crust into a greased 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and bake for 10 minutes. It may puff up significantly, so if this happens just take a flat spatula and press it back into place. Let cool.
- Whip heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks. Whip in powdered sugar. Fold in melted chocolate. Spoon whipped cream into cooled tart crust, garnish with more cookies, and serve!
*I used the Trader Joe’s cookies (the official name is Dress Circle Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies), but you can use any crunchy chocolate chip cookie, just make sure it’s all crunch!
Keywords: chocolate, whip cream, tart, pie, dessert, cake, cookies, chocolate chip