Salted Caramel White Chocolate Cookies
These Salted Caramel White Chocolate Cookies are a moist, chewy cookie with caramel & white chocolate chunks in the dough, all sprinkled with fleur de sel!
Everyone has a few food obsessions.
For some people, it’s chocolate. For some, they can’t resist a giant jar of Nutella (I’m talking about you Mom…). Others have a weakness for french fries. For me? White chocolate, browned butter, dulce de leche and salted baked goods.
Since I discovered salted chocolate chip cookies, regular ones just don’t taste as good (not saying I won’t eat them). And when I have the opportunity to add white chocolate to something, I always take it.
So, a white chocolate, salted cookie? Heaven.
And this cookie? The batter has caramel mixed in, you get melty delicious white chocolate morsels, it has the perfect sprinkling of fleur de sel, and has the perfect chew you want for all your cookies. Thanks to the caramel, these cookies stay perfectly chewy and moist for days. You’ll love them.
If you’re not huge white chocolate fan, feel free to use dark chocolate. However, I do highly recommend the white chocolate. Enjoy!Print
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce (you can use any caramel sauce here, but I recommend Trader Joe’s Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce)
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 9 ounces (1 ½ cups) good quality white chocolate, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Flaky sea salt (I used fleur de sel)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Using a stand or electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the caramel sauce. Add in eggs one at a time and then mix in the vanilla extract.
- In an alternate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients. Stir in the white chocolate chunks.
- Bake cookies on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet. Before baking, press dough down slightly and sprinkle with a pinch or two of sea salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just golden around edges. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
Keywords: cookies, white chocolate, caramel, dessert