These Chocolate Fudge Crinkle Cookies are naturally gluten-free and full of gooey chocolate! These fudgy cookies will be a new favorite whether you’re gluten-free or not.
So, sorry, but for whatever reason, I’ve chosen to feature the least healthy recipe I’ve made since my last post…oops. Sorry! The healthy recipe I made will be posted eventually, promise! However, these cookies are still gluten and flour free, so that gives them a few bonus points, and they get a million more bonus points for being so delicious. Besides these cookies, as far as healthy eating goes, I’ve been doing pretty darn well!
I’ve discovered the joys of grains: quinoa, farro, barley, and brown rice have all made their way into my pantry and I’ve been having so much fun discovering different ways to use them. I’ll definitely be sharing some recipes using those soon enough. Healthy eating really is not too hard once you stick to it – spices and herbs have become my best friends. They make everything taste wonderful and so flavorful, without all the grease, sugar, and white carbs that typically make food taste good.
With the right recipes, eating well makes me feel better, look better, and it tastes better. I’m loving it. These cookies, although not healthy, are really darn good. They are deep, rich, fudgy, and so ridiculously chocolatey. I was content with half a cookie – seriously. Right out of the oven, there is nothing better. They were gooey and the melted chocolate was dripping all over. It was chocolate heaven!
My dad is a complete chocoholic and he declared these close to the best, if not the best cookies he’s ever had. Whip these up for your gluten free, chocoholic friends and they’ll be praising the ground you walk on for weeks! I hope you try these out and enjoy!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips (about 9 ounces), divided
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir. Heat in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely smooth. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in ½ cup powdered sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow creme.
- Whisk 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in separate bowl. On low speed, beat the dry ingredients into the egg white meringue. Once it is fully incorporated, add the lukewarm chocolate and ½ cup chocolate chips. Dough will become very stiff.
- Place ½ cup powdered sugar in bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy the recipe? See some of my similar favorites!