These White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies combine three delicious flavors to form one dreamy cookie. They’re chewy, rich, salty, sweet, and perfect for sharing!
Peanut butter and I have a thing. I love it…a lot. Always have, and I probably always will. At school, all my friends make fun of my peanut butter obsession, but you know what? I embrace it! However, peanut butter alone isn’t what makes my heart swoon, it’s how peanut butter elevates other ingredients.
You know how one good actor in a movie can make the movie way better? That’s how peanut butter is. If a cake or brownie isn’t really that good, when you add peanut butter, it just simply makes it better. Everything’s better with peanut butter. Apples? For sure. Toast? That’s obvious. Oatmeal? Makes it all the more delicious! Some of my friends at school (Nicole, I’m talking about you) even eat peanut butter with their carrots. Weird, I know. And chocolate?! Well don’t even get me started.Peanut butter is just something that has a place in my heart, which is probably why I have so many recipes that feature peanut butter or peanut butter cups (PB Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars, Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies, Peanut Butter M&M Rice Krispie Treats, and Chocolate Peanut Butter, just to name a few).
One of my more recent favorite flavor combos involving peanut butter is pretzels and white chocolate, and this cookie showcases the trifecta of awesome flavors perfectly. It takes a super simple peanut butter cookie that uses White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. (but can totally be replaced with regular creamy PB if you want), a bit of brown sugar, and other cookie stuff. One pretzel is placed on top of the cookie prior to baking, and when their cool, they get a yummy coat of white chocolate on the bottom.
Please – tell me something that could be more delicious! These cookies are wonderfully delicious, you’ll be happy the recipe only makes 12. Whip these up for your family and friends, they’ll love them. And if you or any of your family members are gluten-free, leave off the pretzels or use GF ones! The cookie recipe is 100% gluten free. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, baking soda, and vanilla extract.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, spoon batter onto prepared baking sheet. Press a pretzel onto the top of each cookie dough mound.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly golden brown, but still soft, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Spoon some white chocolate onto the bottom of the cooled cookie and spread evenly. Keep chocolate side up, repeat until all cookies have chocolate, and refrigerate until firm. Keep refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
*Use gluten free pretzels for a gluten free alternative to the cookie