Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins
These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins are your favorite fall drink recreated in soft, sweet muffin form! These are the best comforting fall breakfast or snack.
It’s August…and I’m posting a pumpkin recipe. Should I be sorry…?
Cause I’m not. I’m ready for fall. I want chilly days with warm sweaters and big cups of coffee. I want drizzles of rain and the leaves turning into all sorts of colors and big cozy blankets.
So, in order to get fall to hurry up and start, I’m starting fall in my kitchen by bringing in all the delicious fall flavors I’ve been craving. Let the season for pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and happiness begin.
I’m kicking off the fall baking with muffins meant to taste like the most ubiquitous fall drink there is: the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Did you hear, Starbucks finally added pumpkin to the ingredients list? About time!
These muffins are a flavorful recreation of the PSL, but in muffin form. The pumpkin keeps the muffins nice and moist, and helps to replace the eggs that were removed to keep it vegan. A hefty dose of both cinnamon and nutmeg make the muffins nice and warmly spiced.
I recently purchased whole nutmeg as opposed to ground and have been grating it myself into recipes with a microplane. It’s so good! It makes such a difference in pontency and flavor to have freshly ground spices. Pick up some whole nutmeg and try it in this recipe – you’ll notice the difference!
Two tablespoons of espresso powder give the muffins the hit of coffee you expect from all your PSL’s and adds an extra dimension of richness to the muffins. The muffins have a soft, tender crumb and even the non-pumpkin lovers liked these!
Are you ready for fall and Pumpkin Spice Lattes?! Bring a little fall into your house with these vegan pumpkin spice latte muffins! Enjoy.Print
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- Turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a glass measuring cup, heat the milk into the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir in the instant coffee, set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the pumpkin and vegetable oil to the milk and stir until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently until the . Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 101
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 1