25+ Vegan Cookie Recipes
Over 25 Vegan Cookie Recipes to bake up ASAP! From classic chocolate chip to soft-baked pumpkin cookies, there are vegan cookies for every season that everyone will love.
I think it’s safe to say homemade cookies fresh from the oven, are simply THE BEST thing ever. There isn’t a week that goes by I’m not whipping up a batch of my classic paleo chocolate chip cookies or testing a seasonal flavor like summery lemon!
There are a ton of vegan and gluten-free cookies in my cookbook but there’s also plenty to choose from right here on my site! It’s always cookie season around here, so it’s the perfect time to share a roundup of the most delicious vegan cookie recipes for you! All of these recipes are not only 100% vegan but gluten-free and refined sugar-free with plenty of paleo options.
Tips for the BEST vegan cookies!
- Use cookie scoops to make perfectly evenly sized cookies every time! I have a medium cookie scoop and a large cookie scoop and love both of them, depending on how big you want your cookies to be!
- Giving the dough a few hours in the fridge can pretty much always improve the flavor and texture of your cookies – highly recommended if you have the time!
- Most cookie recipes can easily be made vegan by using vegan butter or coconut oil, and subbing an egg for a flax egg! See below for how to make a flax egg.
To make a flax egg: combine 1 tablespoon flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water. Whisk and let gel for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it’s thickened and gel-like.
1. Gluten-Free Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Gluten-Free Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to be your new favorite way to use your gluten-free sourdough discard! They’re dairy-free, vegan, and some of the best cookies you’ll ever have.
2. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies is my go-to cookie recipe! My taste testers had no idea these cookies were gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and refined sugar-free! This is one of my most popular recipes. You can easily make the cookies vegan.
3. Gluten-Free Vegan Snowball Cookies
These Gluten-Free Vegan Snowball Cookies bring back so many memories! With a crisp, buttery pecan cookie rolled into a powdery sugar, these cookies will make your mouth water. These are refined sugar-free and keto-optional!
4. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
My favorite ever Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that are gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free! Incredibly soft and chewy with crisp outer edges. Packed with rich peanut butter flavor, these oatmeal cookies are simply delicious!
5. Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Cookies
These Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Cookies are soft in texture, sweet, and tangy, thanks to the fresh lemon juice and zest. If you’re a lemon dessert lover, these are for you!
6. Chewy Vegan Chai Sugar Cookies
Meet your new favorite chewy cookie – these Gluten-Free Vegan Chai Sugar Cookies! These Paleo-friendly cookies have a crispy exterior with a tender, chewy center. They’re the perfect pairing for nut milk, tea, or coffee.
7. Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Meet your new favorite cranberry pecan chocolate chip cookies! Perfectly crisp edges mixed with gooey chocolate chips and toasted pecans! The best homemade chocolate chip cookies to make for the holidays. Gluten-free, paleo, and vegan friendly!
8. Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are incredibly soft and loaded with peanut butter flavor. They’re vegan, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free. This simple recipe will become a quick favorite for any peanut butter fans.
9. Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
These Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are a cakey and delicious spiced cookie that’s loaded with chocolate! If you like softer cookies, you’ll adore these gluten-free, paleo + vegan pumpkin cookies.
10. Nut-Free Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready in just 20 minutes and they are SO gooey, thick, and delicious. These easy cookies are Paleo, vegan, and nut-free.
11. Salted Caramel Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
6 Ingredient Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies made healthier with vegan caramel, dark chocolate & a gluten-free paleo shortbread cookie base! Perfect for the holidays or whenever you have a cookie craving!
12. Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
These Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies are soft, fudgy, and incredibly chocolatey! These irresistible cookies are loaded with melty dark chocolate chunks and crunchy hazelnuts, and you’d never guess they’re gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
13. Flourless Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Flourless Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, gooey and SO delicious, with a fruity strawberry flavor and melty chocolate chips. They’re gluten-free, paleo, and vegan, and made with just six ingredients!
14. Paleo + Vegan Soft Gingerbread Cookies
These Soft Gingerbread Cookies will be a holiday staple! They’re incredibly soft, chewy and flavorful from the molasses and warm spices. These gluten-free, paleo, and vegan cookies are sure to be a hit!
15. Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that will be your new favorite! Loaded with extra chocolate chunks and perfectly crispy edges and chewy texture. These cookies are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free, making them healthy enough for breakfast!
16. Paleo Jam Thumbprint Cookies
These Jam Thumbprint Cookies are a simple and delicious cookie made with only four ingredients! You won’t be able to have just one of these gluten-free, vegan, and Paleo-friendly cookies.
17. Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Cookies
These Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Cookies are soft, chewy and bursting with flavor! They’re loaded with cinnamon, orange zest, fresh tart cranberries, and chewy dried cranberries. Perfect for the holidays!
18. Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
These naturally Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are so tender that they melt in your mouth! These flavorful cookies have just 5 ingredients and they are gluten-free, Paleo, refined sugar-free and vegan.
19. Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies are irresistibly good, with the flavor of espresso shining through and dark chocolate chunks in every bite. You wouldn’t guess that they’re gluten-free, paleo and vegan.
20. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
For the best gluten-free, vegan cookie, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies will be your new go-to! Made with delicious peanut butter cups and dark chocolate chunks, you won’t believe they’re grain-free, dairy-free, and lightly sweetened with coconut sugar!
21. Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
You’ll want to make a double batch of these Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – one for you, and one to share! These paleo-friendly cookies are perfect for lunchboxes, the holidays, or even a weeknight dessert – thankfully, they come together quickly!
22. Paleo Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies are incredibly rich and dark, with melty chocolate chunks and toasted walnuts for crunch. These chewy, fudgy dark chocolate chip cookies are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan, and perfect for the chocolate lover in your life.
23. Chocolate Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies
These Healthy Chocolate Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for the holidays or whenever a cookie craving strikes! Just 6 ingredients for the whole recipe and they’re vegan, paleo, gluten-free and refined-sugar-free!
24. Gluten-Free Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Gluten-Free Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies will make your cookie dreams come true! They make perfect Christmas cookies and taste so scrumptious, especially with the extra chocolate drizzle.
25. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Banana Diaries
These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies by Brit sound like a total dream! We can’t believe they’re vegan and gluten-free, studded with extra chocolate chips. Yum!
26. Vegan Almond Crescent Cookies
These Vegan Almond Crescent Cookies are crispy, buttery, and made with almond flour for a gluten-free cookie that’s perfect for serving with coffee, tea, or hot cocoa! You’ll love this healthier take on a classic crescent cookie.
25+ Vegan Cookie Recipes, plus The Best Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
These are the BEST Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies ever, and they’re so simple to make! Plus, 25+ Vegan Cookie Recipes to bake up ASAP! From mocha chocolate chip to soft-baked pumpkin cookies, there are vegan cookies for every season that everyone will love.
- ½ cup (100g) refined coconut oil, softened, similar in texture to softened butter, use refined coconut oil if you want no coconut flavor
- ⅔ cup (96g) coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water and let gel for 10 minutes before using
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2¼ cups (220g) blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chopped dark chocolate, see Notes
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top, optional
- Mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg or flax egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (or up to 48 hours). You don’t NEED to refrigerate the dough if you don’t have time, but it’s recommended for the best flavor and texture.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use a cookie scoop (using this size will give you 12 cookies, using this smaller size will give you about 20) to form cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; press down slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for about 10 or until just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Keywords: vegan cookies, chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free cookies, cookie recipe
I cannot have almond flour and dairy gluten eggs. I really have a hard time eatin just found out also lectins.
Hi Gail, tigernut flour works well as an almond flour replacement. All of these recipes are already gluten-free and vegan!
Hi! I bought your book and I’m really enjoying the recipes. Hoping you can give me some guidance. If I’m ok eating butter and eggs, is it ok to use butter for recipes that call for coconut oil, and real eggs for flax eggs? would this be an acceptable 1:1 sub?
Thank you so much for your help!!
Hi Lianne! Yes, that will be totally fine :)