These Superfood Overnight Oats with Easy Berry Chia Jam are the perfect filling breakfast, loaded with superfoods to give your day a kickstart. This gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan recipe can be prepped in a just few minutes for a delicious grab-and-go breakfast. This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
I’m going to be straight up about something – overnight oats are usually not my favorite oat preparation. Maybe a weird confession to come at the beginning of a post convincing you to eat these delicious overnight oats? Yes, but these overnight oats convinced me to be an overnight oats lover, so maybe they’ll be your catalyst too.
I totally understand the positive thought behind overnight oats – we want them to be prepped ahead of time and ready to grab and go in the morning. That’s all good and well, but usually the taste just wasn’t all there for me. They ended up a little bland, sometimes not moist enough, and just sort of *bleh*.
My overnight oats attempts have never rivaled my Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal in terms of deliciousness, but I’m also blessed to be able to work from home, and not have to rush through my breakfast like I know so many of us have to do. That’s where overnight oats are the clear winner – no morning prep.
I’ve always wanted to like them though, so when I was at one of my favorite juice bars, Beaming, I grabbed a sample of their superfood-loaded overnight oats…and I was obsessed. I bought a serving for breakfast and for someone who “doesn’t like” cold overnight oats, I devoured them.
Those superfood loaded overnight oats stayed in my mind for WEEKS, so armed with a snapshot of the ingredients list in the camera roll on my phone, I decided to give it my best shot at recreating them. And not to toot my own horn, but I think I nailed it.
These superfood overnight oats are loaded with tons of goodness. Besides the rolled oats soaking in non-dairy milk of your choice, they’re loaded up with shredded coconut, maple syrup for a touch of sweetness, coconut oil, flax seeds, chia seeds, maca powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, mesquite powder, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
In my second batch (not pictured), I added some turmeric, which gave it an extra anti-inflammatory boost along with a nice golden color, as well as some collagen peptides. The collagen isn’t vegan, but it adds a nice protein boost.
The superfood-loaded oats taste sweet and filling, with all the adaptogenic herbs in there providing amazing depth of flavor while the seeds and oats help keep you full for hours. Speaking of seeds and oats: for the gluten free rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, and shredded coconut in this recipe, I always turn to Bob’s Red Mill.
I can always count on Bob’s Red Mill for the highest quality products – their oats are thick and don’t get mushy like some can get after a long soak, the chia and flax seeds are always fresh and nutritious, and their unsweetened shredded coconut is the only kind I use. They’re also affordable and I love that they’re an awesome employee-owned company. If Bob makes a product, it’s pretty much always what I’m using. This is nothing new though…you guys know I’ve been a BRM fan for years :)
Okay – now onto chia jam! You’ve GOT to have the easy berry chia jam on top for maximum deliciousness of these oats, and it could NOT be easier. Just mash some berries, microwave for 1 minute, stir in your chia seeds, microwave for 1 more minute, and voila – you’ve got berry chia jam! It’s sweet enough with no added sugar, as long as your berries started out sweet. I find it adds the perfect freshness and tanginess to the oats.
I like to warm my oats up in the microwave before enjoying them, but they can also be enjoyed cool for a refreshing treat. No matter how you have them, I bet these will make you into an overnight oat lover ;) enjoy!
If you can’t get enough of oatmeal for breakfast, I’ve got you covered…
- If you’re a blueberry lover, these Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats are for you!
- Get your chocolate fix with this gluten-free and vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal.
- Get your PB&J on for breakfast with this Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal.
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Superfood Overnight Oats with Easy Berry Chia Jam (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free + Vegan)
These Superfood Overnight Oats with Easy Berry Chia Jam are the perfect filling breakfast, loaded with superfoods to give your day a kickstart. This gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan recipe can be prepped in a just few minutes for a delicious grab-and-go breakfast.
For the overnight oats
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice I used almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon mesquite
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric optional
- 2 scoops collagen peptides optional, not vegan
For the berry compote
- 1/3 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- In a large liquid measuring cup or bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the overnight oats. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight. Stir before serving.
- For the compote: if you're using fresh berries, mash the berries in a small bowl. Microwave for one minute. If you're using frozen berries, microwave for 2 minutes and then mash the berries up. Stir in the chia seeds. Microwave for one more minute, and then let cool slightly. Serve with oats.
- If you prefer to eat your oats warm, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through. You may want to add another splash of non-dairy milk if you don't want the oats to be super thick after reheating.
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this post, and thanks to you for supporting the brands that sponsor Bakerita! I couldn’t do it without your support ❤️