These Superfood Overnight Oats with Easy Berry Chia Jam are the perfect filling breakfast, loaded with superfoods to give your day a kickstart. This gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan recipe can be prepped in a just few minutes for a delicious grab-and-go breakfast.
For the overnight oats
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon mesquite
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, optional
- 2 scoops collagen peptides, optional, leave out for vegan
For the berry compote
- ⅓ cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- In a large liquid measuring cup or bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the overnight oats. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight. Stir before serving.
- For the compote: if you’re using fresh berries, mash the berries in a small bowl. Microwave for one minute. If you’re using frozen berries, microwave for 2 minutes and then mash the berries up. Stir in the chia seeds. Microwave for one more minute, and then let cool slightly. Serve with oats.
- If you prefer to eat your oats warm, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through. You may want to add another splash of non-dairy milk if you don’t want the oats to be super thick after reheating.