Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
This easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is a simple and sweet treat! It’s a healthy gluten-free + vegan breakfast or snack made with just 3 ingredients in 5 minutes. Add toppings to customize to your heart’s desire!
Smoothie bowls: yay or nay? I LOVE them, which is obvious based on the number of easy smoothie bowl recipes I’ve posted on the site, as well as the frequency with which I make them for breakfast and go out to local juice bars to get them.
But, some people don’t see the point. “Why do you need to EAT your smoothie with a spoon?” they say. “Who has time to sit and eat a smoothie?” they ask. I’ve seen smoothie bowls on a whole bunch of lists of food trends that have gotta go in 2017.
Over here, smoothie bowls are here to stay. When I drink a smoothie, I never feel like I’ve had a real meal. I can’t drink a meal through a straw and get the same satisfaction as a meal I ate with a fork or spoon — and there’s actually scientific backing to this ! When you chew your food, it releases saliva that helps your body digest the food.
When I’ve had a smoothie bowl though, thick and creamy and loaded with delicious crunchy + fruit toppings, I definitely feel like I’ve had a meal, and it’s enough to keep me going through the morning. Bonus – they’re so refreshing, and absolutely delicious.
When I was a kid, strawberry banana smoothies were my favorite. They were my go-to whenever one of my parents made me a smoothie. Strawberries and bananas are still two of my faves! But really…I think they make an even better smoothie bowl than they do a smoothie, because I love my toppings :)
How to make easy smoothie bowls at home
You only need three ingredients for your strawberry banana smoothie bowl:
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen Bananas: whenever I have bananas get too ripe and I’m too lazy to make banana bread, I freeze them for smoothies!
- Milk of Choice: to keep mine creamy but dairy-free, I used Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
I picked up all of my ingredients at Ralph’s, but they can be found in any grocery store.
To make it, simply add the three ingredients to a blender and blend away until you have a thick and creamy strawberry banana smoothie! If you’d like, this is a great time to add in any vitamin or supplement powders you take. Pour it into a bowl, top with any and all the toppings you want, and enjoy!
Prefer a smoothie? Simply blend up all the ingredients and pour into a cup instead of a bowl for sipping on the go!
What are the best smoothie bowl toppings?
I love topping my bowl with so many goodies…here are some of my favorites for you to pick and choose from!
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Sliced banana
- Freeze-dried strawberries and bananas
- Pineapple, mango, or other favorite fruits
- Homemade granola
- Flaked coconut
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Coconut butter
- Hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds
Want more easy smoothie bowl recipes?
- The Best 5-Minute Acai Bowl
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Acai Bowl
- Berry Pitaya Smoothie Bowl
This easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is a simple and sweet treat! It’s a healthy gluten-free + vegan breakfast or snack made with just 3 ingredients in 5 minutes. Add toppings to customize to your heart desires!
For the smoothie bowl
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk or milk of choice
For the toppings
- Freeze-dried strawberries + bananas
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Fresh bananas, sliced
- Chia seeds
- Combine frozen banana, frozen strawberries, and coconut milk in a blender (I used my Vitamix). Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be thick. Add a touch more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: smoothie bowl, smoothie bowl recipe, easy smoothie bowl, strawberry banana smoothie
This post is sponsored by WhiteWave Foods and Kroger. As always, all opinions are my own! Thanks for supporting the brands that support Bakerita.