S’mores Oreo Skillet Brownie
This S’mores Oreo Skillet Brownie has a graham cracker & S’mores Oreo crust with a gooey, fudgy brownie center and toasted marshmallows.
How in the world did Nabisco come out with S’mores Oreos and not call them S’moreos? It’s outrageous. It was the perfect name waiting to happen. How did they miss it?!?!
I digress – but only because the contents are so good! I was pleasantly surprised by the S’mores Oreos. The outside cookies are totally like a graham cracker, and the filling is too obnoxiously sweet for me to really tell any real flavor difference, but you definitely get a little bit of chocolate with your graham crackers.
While I’m so not an Oreo eater on typical days, these were really fun to play with. I love anything and everything s’mores, case in point: s’mores brownies. s’mores cheesecake. s’mores brownie cups. s’mores cookies. there’s even more, but I think you get the point.
I made those s’mores cookies not very long ago, and a little while after I posted those, Beth from Beth Cakes posted her version of them, but made in a skillet! I loved how cutely she decorated the skillet cookie with the toasted marshmallows around the edges, and when I eyed these s’mores Oreos, my head immediately went to that giant cookie.
I decided to go skillet brownie because I’m a chocoholic, and I thought those Oreos would make a fantastic brownie crust. I was right. Mixed with some graham cracker crumbs, they’re just sweet enough without being overbearingly so (because this whole thing is sweet enough).
On top of that is one of my favorite brownie recipes, with some chocolate chips, little bitty Mallow Bits, and more crushed s’mores Oreos mixed in! I used a cast iron skillet, which gave some incredibly awesome edges, but you can use a 8×8 or 9×9 pan if it’s all you got.
I’ve been itching for a chance to use my blowtorch, and marshmallows are always the best excuse. I ripped big marshmallows in half and placed them ripped side up, so they’d have a little texture once toasted. You may want to use a little marshmallow cream to help stick the marshmallows to the tops of the brownie if they’re not staying on! Once placed, turn on that blowtorch and toast away. If you don’t have one, crank the oven to broil and place the pan back in the oven for about 1 minute – watch carefully – until the marshmallows puff and brown.
These brownies are ooey, and gooey, and perfect for digging into warm, or letting cool and slicing up to share with friends. If you’re a s’mores lover like me, or if you’re digging all these fun new Oreo flavors too, you’re gonna love this one! Enjoy :)
S’mores Oreo Skillet Brownie
For the crust
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 10 S’mores Oreos (crushed)
For the brownies
- 6 oz. dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup 4 oz. unsalted butter
- ¾ cup 5¼ oz. granulated sugar
- ¼ cup 2 oz. light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup 2¾ oz. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Mallow Bits
- 10 S’mores Oreos (lightly crushed)
- Large marshmallows (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined. The mixture should be room temperature.
- Add 2 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible. Fold in the mallow bits, chocolate chips, and crushed S’mores Oreos.
- Pour the batter over the crust and smooth out the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Remove brownies from oven and place half a marshmallow on top of each brownie. If you have a kitchen torch, brûlée the tops of the marshmallows to make them golden and crispy. If you don’t have a torch, return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Keep a close eye on the marshmallows while they bake.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, serve warm. Once the brownies are cool, you can take the whole thing out of the pan and slice them like normal brownies for easier eating.
Oh, gosh. The FUDGE! All that gooey marshmallow goodness! Rachel, you totally outdid yourself with these skillet brownies! Seriously such an awesome idea to make ’em in the skillet and they really do just scream SUMMER!
Thanks so much, Sarah!! The skillet gives the best brownie edges ever :)
S’moreos! You’re right – that would have been a great name!! This brownie … my goodness it looks good!
I’ve got to get my hands on these improperly-named oreos! I wonder if they’re vegan, but regardless, they sound epic and so does this skillet brownie! Pinning!
Wow that is some brownie! Looks delightfully over the top. Loving all those charred marshmallows, they look perfect :)
Thanks so much! It’s definitely over the top, but a fun treat when you have people to share with!
Oooh, I adore this skillet brownie, Rachel! And I absolutely must try those s’mores oreos (S’MOREOS) soon! <3
Wow love love this recipe!! Smores + oreos, I am in!
I’m totally in love with this skillet brownie! And I love the s’mores variation on it – looks so delicious!! Pinned :)
Love those s’mores oreos too! This skillet brownie looks divine!
You’re right, they should have called them s’moreos. Maybe if you put in a call to them they could change them and give you royalties for coining the term! Haha. This brownie though is over the top amazing!
I recently took my 6-inch mini cast iron skillet to bake a brownie. Your s’mores Oreo version is totally upping the game. It looks so nice and so delicious!
Wait, I didn’t even know there was a smores oreo! That sounds really good. And I am obsessed with this skillet brownie. Yum!
Totally have to try these s’mores oreos now! This looks so decadent and perfect for a summer party!
Yes to all the s’mores things!!! I love Oreos just has much as s’mores so this skillet brownie is totally making me drool right now. I kinda feel the same about the S’mores Oreos though, there was a slight s’mores flavor. Wonderful and fantastic to put them in a skillet brownie! :)