Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Keto + Whole30)
These Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites are full of healthy fats, protein, and of course, delicious pumpkin spice flavor! These Vegan, Paleo, Keto, and Whole30-friendly energy balls will keep you going when hunger hits.
I just came off of a Whole30 this week. If you don’t know what a Whole30 is, it’s an elimination diet where you cut out ALL processed foods, added sugars and sweeteners, grains, alcohol, and dairy. I did it as a way to reset my sweet tooth – believe it or not, it’s easy to go overboard when you’re a dessert blogger. 😂
While on my Whole30 though, I needed some snacks and these Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites came through for me. Since they’re primarily made with nuts and seeds, they provide us with a ton of healthy fats and protein to keep you full for longer between meals.
We use just a few dates to sweeten them and to keep sugar levels low, but they’re still sweet enough that they’re incredibly delicious. I provide an option to keep them Keto-friendly too if that’s the style of diet that you follow.
To make these Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites, you’ll need:
- Raw Pecans – I find pecans to have the best flavor here, but you can use cashews, walnuts, or almonds too
- Nut Butter – I used cashew butter for one batch, and pecan butter for another. Whatever you have and prefer will work, but I’d avoid peanut butter.
- Chia, Flax, and Hemp Seeds – a few tablespoons of each of these add extra nutrition in the form of protein, fat, and fiber
- Dates – I use 3 pitted Medjool dates. For a Keto option, you can skip them entirely or use 2 tablespoons of sugar-free maple syrup, like this one from Lakanto.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – adds so much warmth and delicious flavor!
- Vanilla – I prefer to use vanilla bean powder, but extract will also work.
- Salt – pretty self-explanatory. Everything needs salt :)
Once you’ve gathered all of your ingredients, time to make the Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls! Thankfully, it’ll just take a few minutes. Rolling them into balls is the hardest part!
How to make Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites:
First, blend all of your ingredients together in a blender or food processor. We want to break down the pecans with the seeds, dates, and spices. It’ll get powdery and then a little oily as it starts to come together into a dough. Once the mixture sticks together when pressed together with your fingers, you’re done!
You’ll want to roll the mixture into balls. I chose to make them on the larger size, but you can do whatever size you prefer for your snacking needs. Once you’ve used all the dough, you can choose to roll the balls into finely chopped pecans. This adds a little crunch and is aesthetically pleasing, but is totally optional.
From there…you’re done! Grab one, taste it, and enjoy. I keep these stored in the refrigerator and they’ll last there for a few weeks. Even longer if stored in the freezer in an airtight container!
I hope you love these Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites as much as I do! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @bakeritablog and #bakerita if you decide to try them out!Print
These Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites have tons of healthy fats, protein, and of course, delicious pumpkin spice flavor! These Vegan, Paleo, Keto, and Whole30-friendly energy balls will keep you going when hunger hits.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ⅓ cup nut butter of choice, almond, cashew, and pecan butter are all good choices
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 dates, optional (replace with 2 tablespoons monk fruit maple syrup or leave out for keto)
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except for the ¼ cup pecans. Pulse for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture starts to break down. It will first become powdery and will stick together, but still be crumbly.
- Keep processing until the oils start to release a bit and the mixture sticks together easily – just be careful not to over-process or you’ll have nut butter.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon scoop to divide the mixture into equal pieces. Use your hands to roll into balls and place on a plate.
- If desired, place the ¼ cup finely chopped pecans in a small bowl. Roll each ball into the finely chopped pecans, pressing them in slightly so they stick.
- Store in an airtight container zip-top bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
Keywords: no bake, pumpkin, energy bites, cookie dough, paleo, keto, whole 30