This Pumpkin Bread is a classic recipe that you will go back to again and again. This one is sure to be a fall favorite!
Nothing says the beginning of fall like baking with pumpkin. Every year I get antsy for the cooler weather, and this year is no exception. I’m all about the pumpkin recipes, and I can’t wait to fill my house with pumpkin everything. Bonus: baking with pumpkin and all the delicious fall spices that go along with it make your house smell SO good.
To be honest, one of my ideas of a perfect day is staying home on a rainy day, baking all day, filling my house with treats and love and delicious scents. And at the end of that day, there’s nothing better than curling up on the couch on a cold rainy day with a cup of tea or hot cocoa and a slice of pumpkin bread. It will just make you feel comforted and warm inside, promise.
Pumpkin bread is one thing I always make during the fall to share with friends. It’s a fall classic, and everyone has their favorite recipe.
This recipe is simple, and one I go back to again and again. It creates a loaf that is moist, soft, and subtly sweet. Usually I’m tempted to add nuts or chocolate chips to my pumpkin bread, but this time I left it plain and simple, the only adornment a sprinkle of Turbinado sugar on top. That sugar caramelized and created a sweet, delicious crust on top of the bread.
The sugar cracks and crumbles on top of the soft loaf as you slice through it, and creates the best texture. You’re going to adore this simple, classic loaf.
The spices in the bread were the perfect amount to highlight the pumpkin flavor without overpowering it. The crumb is tender, but holds up well to slicing. This recipe is super easy and comes together in about five minutes in just one bowl.
Try it! This is one you’ll want to make again and again. Enjoy!
This one-bowl spiced Pumpkin Bread is a classic recipe you’ll go back to again and again.
- 7.5 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour one 9×5″ pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, applesauce, water and sugars until well blended. Add in the dry ingredients and stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle the tops with Turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you choose to make muffins instead, they will need about 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Keywords: pumpkin, bread, pumpkin spice, quick bread, dessert, breakfast, holidays