These Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars are made with an oatmeal crust & crumble with a creamy pumpkin pie filling! You’ll go nuts for these gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan pumpkin pie bars.
Want to hear something crazy? I’ve been blogging for over seven years now. That’s a really long time to keep coming up with new ideas without burning out or succumbing to boredom. One of my main motivators, besides all of you lovely readers, is the friends I’ve made along the way.
Any blogger will tell you: having a group of blogging friends, even if they’re ones you’ve never met in person, is what can keep you sane and motivated when it gets hard or frustrating. You see, blogging isn’t just making and photographing recipes. There’s all the back-end junk that’s hard and confusing, but so necessary.
I’ve been in a Facebook group with some amazing blogger ladies for a few years now, and so much of the time, they’re my blogging support system. When I didn’t know how to set-up my site as HTTPS:// or my email subscriptions weren’t going through, they’re the first people I turn to for advice or to test things for me.
But besides the blogging stuff, we’ve become friends who share in each other’s triumphs (blogging or otherwise) and despairs, and are always there to support one another. I had the pleasure of meeting a bunch of the ladies in the group last year. They are all just as fantastic in real life as they are online (no surprise there). So, when three of them got pregnant within about 2 months of each other, a baby shower had to be planned to celebrate their new little ones!
Ashley of The Recipe Rebel, Denise from Sweet Peas & Saffron (the meal prep queen!), and Kristine of Kristine’s Kitchen are all expecting new little pumpkins this Fall, so we got together to throw them a Fall-themed bash, full of delicious pumpkin and spiced treats. Ladies, I’m SO excited for you all and can’t wait to see photos of the newest additions to your family. You all are amazing mothers. Your little ones must be so excited to have a new sibling on the way. I wish we were having this in person so I could give each of you a big, congratulatory hug!!!
I wish this was happening in person so I can eat all the fantastic goodies being made for this baby shower! Instead, I’ve got them all listed down below, right beneath the recipe, so you can see all the other delicious treats being made. But now, let’s talk about my contribution…
Let’s talk Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars!
These are a truly great way to kick off pumpkin season here on Bakerita if I do say so myself. They’re easy to make, and even easier to eat, with a crust that doubles as a crumble topping so you don’t have to dirty too many bowls. #winning
The oatmeal crust and crumble provide a crunchy bite to the bars. They also aren’t too sweet like some crusts can tend to be. We add rolled oats for texture and pecans for a bit of extra crunch. The filling is the real star of the show, though!
It’s essentially a vegan pumpkin pie filling. We make it with plenty of pumpkin spice so that it is perfectly spiced and so deliciously smooth and creamy. It’s everything I want in a pumpkin pie filling, tucked between layers of crumble. These bars are way more portable and delicious than your average pumpkin pie. In fact, I don’t think anyone would mind seeing these in place of a classic pie at your Thanksgiving feast. This recipe is also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan!
These Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars will have you cheering, whether you’re celebrating anything or not! Hope you love them! 😍 Sending Ashley, Denise and Kristine so much love in their last months of pregnancy. I’m wishing I could give you these bars in real life! Make sure to check out everyone else’s contributions below.
It’s pumpkin season! You’ve got to try these spiced treats…
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Granola (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies (Gluten Free + Refined Sugar Free)
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!Print
These Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars have an oatmeal crust and crumble with a smooth and sweet pumpkin pie filling! You’ll go nuts for this gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan portable pumpkin pie.
For the crust
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
For the filling
- ¾ cup (183 grams) organic pumpkin puree, make sure it’s not canned pumpkin pie filling, which is already sweetened and spiced
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, don’t stir it, and only use the coconut cream on top
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix at low speed until crumbly but combined.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture for the topping. Press remaining crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- While it bakes, make the filling: in a blender, combine all of the ingredients for the filling and blend until fully combined.
- Remove partially baked crust from the oven. Pour on the pumpkin filling. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: pumpkin pie, crumb bars, gluten-free, vegan
Check out all the other delicious treats…
Roasted Butternut Squash Falafel Bites by She Likes Food
Maple Walnut Twice Bake Sweet Potatoes by Savory Nothings
Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts by A Latte Food
Easy Pumpkin Danish by Pumpkin N’ Spice
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes by Live Well Bake Often
Mini Apple Crisps by Life Made Sweeter
Spicy Apple-Tomato Salsa by Floating Kitchen
Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread Pudding by Whole and Heavenly Oven
Cinnamon Apple Brie Crostini by Flying on Jess Fuel
Apple Pie Bars by Bake.Eat.Repeat
Honey Apple Butter Greek Yogurt Dip by My Sequined Life
Butternut Squash Hummus with Spiced Pepitas by Flavor the Moments