These No-Bake Chocolate Dipped Banana Macaroons are a quick and easy treat bursting with banana flavor! These gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and nut-free macaroons are hard to resist, especially once they’re dipped and drizzled with dark chocolate.
Hope you guys are all loving the new site design!!! I’ve gotten great feedback from you guys about the look and functionality, which makes me so happy! My main goal was to make the site incredibly functional for you guys to navigate and explore and I hope it’s doing the job well.
Personally, it puts a big old smile on my face whenever I go to my site and see the new, clean, bright design. In particular, the huge photos make me super happy. All the better to admire shiny, melted chocolate – right?
And this newest recipe, No-Bake Chocolate Dipped Banana Macaroons, is definitely not short in shiny, melted chocolate 😍 it’s also definitely not short on flavor, either.
They’re made with a base of coconut cream, which means they’re super smooth, luscious, and creamy. Shredded coconut is in there too, along with some maple syrup for sweetness. As for the banana flavor? I used crushed freeze dried bananas, which add a big punch of banana flavor without adding any extra moisture or squishiness from the banana’s texture. I usually get mine from Trader Joe’s, but you can also find them on Amazon, Whole Foods, and I’ve been seeing them at my local Ralph’s too lately.
For a little extra crunch and texture, I mixed some cacao nibs in there too. So crunchy and delicious. Once all your ingredients are stirred together, they’re scooped out and chilled until firm, so that you can dip them into the melted chocolate without worrying about them falling apart.
If you’re needing macaroons NOW, you can skip the initial chill and just drizzle them with chocolate instead – they’ll still need a quick chill after to firm everything up though.
The dark chocolate dip and drizzle adds a nice bite and texture contract with the smooth, creamy banana filling, and it all melts in your mouth when it hits your tongue. I couldn’t get enough of these! I hope you’ll give them a try – enjoy!
I’m a macaroon FANATIC. These are the ones you should try next:
- Vanilla Bean Macaroons with Chocolate Drizzle (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
- Double Chocolate Macaroons (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
- No Bake Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Macaroons (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
No-Bake Chocolate Dipped Banana Macaroons
- ½ cup freeze-dried bananas
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 150 g (about ⅔ cup) coconut cream just the thick part from the top of the can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz. dark chocolate melted
Crush freeze-dried bananas into a powder in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, freeze-dried banana powder, and cacao nibs and mix well until fully combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to create scoops with the coconut mixture and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Transfer to the fridge or freezer until hardened. Once they’re firm, dip the bottom of each coconut ball in the dark chocolate and return to the parchment paper. Drizzle with the remaining dark chocolate.
- Transfer to the fridge for the chocolate to set, then enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.