This Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie Bowl is smooth, creamy, and delicious – the flavors will bring you right back to your favorite childhood sandwich. This gluten-free and vegan breakfast bowl has a secret vegetable ingredient packed in too – shhh! This post is sponsored by Silk.
Happy Wednesday, friends! If you’ve been around here for a while, you know I loooooove my smoothie bowls. They’re one of my favorite breakfast treats – so versatile, and way more filling than plain smoothies.
There’s something just more satisfying about being able to dig my spoon into my breakfast and eat it, rather than just slurping it down through a straw. Oh, and with bowls, you get TOPPINGS, and we all know that’s the best part anyways ;)
But smoothie bowls also pack in a lot of sugar (even though it’s all natural fruit sugar) and that’s not always the best way to start the day…so for this smoothie bowl, I snuck in some veggies too!
I’d been seeing cauliflower getting loaded into smoothies and smoothie bowls left and right while watching Instagram stories and I’ve been so curious, so recently, I tried it myself. I was an instant convert – you seriously can’t taste the cauliflower AT. ALL. (I’m pretty sure Lee From America started the cauliflower smoothie trend – props for the brilliance, Lee!)
I steamed the cauliflower in the microwave and then froze it because I don’t digest raw cauliflower super well, but raw frozen cauliflower will work as well if your system can handle raw veggies better than mine!
In this bowl, I took inspiration from one of my favorite flavor combinations, peanut butter & jelly, and blended the frozen cauliflower up with frozen berries, half of a frozen banana, a touch of peanut butter, and Silk’s Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, which gives the smoothie some extra creaminess.
I used the Vanilla flavor of Silk’s Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, but strawberry would be super delicious here too. I got mine at Ralph’s and they were sold out of the strawberry…and most of the other flavors too – always a good sign. You can find it in the yogurt section at your local Kroger store and save some $$$ by getting a coupon here.
The smoothie bowl has a delicious berry + peanut butter flavor, and the toppings make it even MORE excellent. I whipped up a super quick microwave berry chia jam to put on top, piled on the strawberries and chopped peanuts, and finished it off with a big drizzle of peanut butter – swoonworthy.
I think the cauliflower blended in there helps it melt more slowly too, which I appreciate, because after photographing this bowl it was still suuuuper thick and creamy and delicious. You’ve got to try this one, especially if you’re a PB&J fan like me! :) Enjoy!
Feeling the smoothie bowl love?! Here’s a few you’ll want to dig your spoon into…
- You’ll want to dig into this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Bowl!
- Have a taste of the tropics with this Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl.
- Get your pitaya fix with this super bold and bright Berry Pitaya Smoothie Bowl.
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
- 1 cup frozen berries, I used a combination of strawberries and raspberries
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower, I like to steam it before freezing to help it digest more easily, but raw is fine as well
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, I used vanilla flavor, but strawberry would be delicious too!
For the berry chia jam
- 1 cup frozen berries, I used raspberries, blueberries + strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
For the toppings
- Berry Chia Jam
- Peanut butter
- Roasted peanuts, chopped
- Fresh strawberries
- Chia seeds
- Begin with making the berry chia jam: Place the berries in a microwave proof bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Mash the berries and stir in the chia seeds, and microwave for another minute.
- For the smoothie bowl, combine the frozen berries, frozen cauliflower, frozen banana, peanut butter, and Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative in a blender (I used my Vitamix). Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be very thick. Add a touch more yogurt alternative or liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
This post is sponsored by Silk, but as always, all text and opinions are truthful and mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Bakerita.