. These Strawberry Crumble Bars have an irresistible crust and crumble topping that’s full of texture – no oats necessary! These fruity bars are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan.
Who else is ALL about fruity crisps and crumbles in the summer? 🙋🙋🙋
If you’re anything like me, your hand is way up high. I seriously can’t get enough of all the fruity deliciousness, especially when it’s tucked into a crumbly crust or topped with gobs of crumble.
The rich butteriness of the crumble, with the sweet juiciness of the fruit, and the bite + texture from the oats and/or nuts? Pure dessert heaven. I’ve always been a big fan of adding oats to my crisps and crumbles and have missed that texture in my paleo crisps and crumbles.
Over the many tests, I’ve tried using different nuts as a substitute but not of them have quite done the trick. I found the magic substitute though – flaked coconut is the answer!!! If you roughly chop the flaked coconut into smaller bits, it creates a super similar texture to oats in these crumble bars.
Let’s make Paleo Strawberry Crumble Bars!
The crust and crumble for these strawberry crumble bars are made of the same dough. No one’s got time to mess around with a separate base and topping, amiright?! This dough is SO tasty, too…so the more, the better!
It’s made with a mix of almond and coconut flour, which creates an awesome texture for the crumbles. Maple syrup lightly sweetens the crust. We add almond butter and coconut oil for that melt-in-your-mouth butteriness that crumble bars have got to have. And of course, chopped flaked coconut adds the perfect oat-like texture.
We load up the filling with fresh strawberries and thicken it with a touch of tapioca starch to help it get all jammy. We use just a tablespoon of maple syrup to boost the strawberry sweetness.
The melt-in-your-mouth crust and crumble envelop that sweet and jammy strawberry filling for the most irresistible strawberry crumble bar I’ve had to date. I ate these up super quickly, and everyone I shared them with loved them too! My favorite way to devour them was straight out of the freezer – so dang refreshing!
The chopped up flaked coconut really adds the perfect crumble texture, and not too much coconut flavor. Make sure to use a refined coconut oil if you don’t want a ton of coconut flavor in these bars (though I loved the extra coco-nuttiness). Enjoy!
Feeling the strawberry love?! Get your strawberry on…
- You’ll want to dig into this Strawberry Crisp with Almond Butter Crumble (Paleo + Vegan).
- Have some strawberries in your brownies with these Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies!
- Get your chocolate strawberry fix with this Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Galette!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!
Strawberry Crumble Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan)
For the crust
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut roughly chopped into smaller bits
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened (use refined coconut oil to minimize coconut flavor)
For the filling
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8” square baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the diced strawberries, maple syrup and tapioca flour and mash up a bit to break up the strawberries. Set aside.
- In the clean mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flaked coconut, maple syrup, almond butter, and coconut oil. Stir until the dry ingredients are completely moistened and crumbly. Press 2/3 of the crust into the prepared pan.
- Top the crust with the fruit, and then crumble the remaining crumble topping on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Let cool completely in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.