This Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler has a fluffy cobbler topping – it’s the most perfect healthy summer dessert! This is a Paleo and vegan cobbler that you don’t want to miss.
The peak of summer demands that only the absolute best product makes its way into my baked goods. Because all the fruit this time of year is so darn good, simple is definitely best when it comes to dessert. Juicy peaches are my kryptonite this time of year. I always need to buy double whatever I need to for a recipe to make sure I don’t eat them all before the recipe gets made…it’s a frequently occurring problem.
Luckily, I managed to hold on to enough juicy, ripe peaches, as hard as it was, in order to whip up this easy peach cobbler. Since I made this blackberry and blueberry cobbler and this strawberry cobbler in recent months, I’ve been dreaming of a peach version.
Peach cobbler seems like the perfect dessert during the summer, and it’s even better with a scoop of ice cream on top. A couple of things make this version even better – like the fact that’s gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo-friendly, and vegan. It’s a dessert that’s also healthy enough to devour for breakfast.
And I’ll have no shame in admitting that the serving you see photographed, with the ice cream on top? Yup, that was breakfast one morning, and it was so good.
What ingredients do I need for gluten-free peach cobbler?
This recipe is super simple, as I think most cobblers should be! The peaches shine, with their sweet & juicy flavor shining through. For the filling, you’ll need…
- Fresh, Juicy Peaches: you can use any other stone fruits here too, if you prefer or depending on what you have.
- Coconut Sugar: for sweetness, you can use any granulated or liquid sweetener that you like in it’s place.
- Tapioca Flour: for thickening, add a bit more if you use a liquid sweetener.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: for spice, feel free to add any others you enjoy.
The cobbler topping is super simple and it can be thrown together in a bowl in a few minutes. It has quite a bit of baking powder, which helps the topping fluff up into a wonderful pastry you won’t be able to resist digging your spoon into.
- Almond Flour: use oat flour instead to keep nut-free.
- Tapioca Flour: makes the topping light and cakey.
- Baking Powder: makes the cobbler topping so puffy!
- Dairy-Free Milk: any works, including cow’s milk if not vegan.
- Coconut Oil: use refined for no coconut flavor, can use butter if not vegan.
- Vanilla Extract & Sea Salt
- Coconut Sugar: for a little sweetness!
I opted to top my gluten-free peach cobbler off with a combination of coconut sugar and cinnamon as well. Optional, but recommended. It adds a fabulous crunchy topping to the healthy cobbler.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, and if you’re cooking for a crown, please do! I recommend doubling it and baking in an 8×8″ pan if you’re serving more than three or four people. This recipe doesn’t make a huge batch, so if you’re planning on feeding a crowd, you may want to even triple the recipe to make sure there is healthy peach cobbler for everyone!
No matter how much you make, I doubt the leftovers will last long! Make sure you try this one out while peaches are still at their best :) enjoy!
Want more peachy goodness?
- Peach Crisp (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Summer Stone Fruit Crisp (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Peach Raspberry Galette (Gluten Free & Vegan)
This Peach Cobbler has a crispy, fluffy topping with a simple peach filling – it’s the most perfect summer dessert! This is a gluten-free, Paleo, and vegan treat that you don’t want to miss.
- 5 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the cobbler topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a small baking dish or three small ramekins by greasing with a bit of coconut oil and setting on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, coconut sugar, tapioca flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Pour the fruit into the prepared pan or ramekins, dividing evenly if using more than one ramekin.
- In a different bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, coconut oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. Mix until smooth and then dollop over the peaches.
- Combine the remaining tablespoon coconut sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the pastry comes out clean. Serve with dairy-free ice cream!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo cobbler, peach cobbler, vegan cobbler, gluten-free