These Paleo Morning Glory Muffins are loaded with bananas, shredded carrots, toasted walnuts, and golden raisins. These easy muffins have NO added sugar – they’re sweetened entirely with bananas! They’re the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack.
Happy New Year!!! Welcome to 2017 – I hope the beginning of your year is off to a wonderful start. This feels a little weird, because I’m writing this while it’s still 2016. You, however, will be reading this in 2017. And if you’re reading this right around when it’s getting posted, I’m in CUBA!!!
Until the 10th, my best friend Paige and I are going to be exploring the island and taking a break from American civilization…and also from the internet, since Cuba isn’t known for their widespread Wifi.
Paige is halfway through law school, and after working her BUTT off this semester, she was dying to get out of the country and go on an adventure. I’m always down for a traveling adventure, so we examined our options, and Cuba felt like the perfect adventure to kick off 2017.
We’ll be dancing, eating, and exploring our way across the island, and I’m bringing my camera so I’ll be sure to put up a recap post of all of our shenanigans! But for now, let’s chat healthy muffins.
I’ve been holding onto this paleo morning glory muffin recipe for a little while because it just *felt* like a January kind of recipe, perfect for healthy breakfasts and snacks! A batch of these is a surefire way to keep any healthy eating related New Years Resolutions on track.
They’re super soft and moist, thanks to the bananas, shredded carrots, and almond butter. Toasted pecans add crunch, and golden raisins add texture and a burst of sweetness. Between the sweetness of the ripe bananas and the raisins, there’s no need for any added sugar!
These are coconut flour muffins, so it might seem like there’s not very much flour in comparison to amount of liquid ingredients, but because coconut flour is so absorbent, the muffins turn out to be the perfect texture. Not too wet, and not too heavy at all.
These Paleo Morning Glory Muffins are loaded with all sorts of healthy, good-for-you ingredients like bananas, carrots, and pecans, and they’re definitely a satisfying treat. They also freeze super well, so you can just pop one in the microwave and eat it on your way out the door. Enjoy!
Remember to #bakerita if you try the recipe!Print
- 1 cup mashed banana (from about 2 large bananas)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup (50g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract and ⅓ cup almond butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the shredded carrots, toasted pecans, and raisins.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Protein: 4