- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, room temperature
- ⅓ cup almond butter, sub any nut butter of choice, or tahini for a nut-free option*
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅔ cup (4 oz.) chopped dark chocolate, make your own chocolate to keep 100% Paleo
- Flaky sea salt, optional for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, beat together the coconut oil, nut butter, and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the flax eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking soda, salt, coconut flour, and rolled oats to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Use a cookie scoop to form cookies and place 2” apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten – note that the cookies won’t spread very much, so press them down to the thickness you prefer. Sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt if desired. Bake for 10 minutes or golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool completely on the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, gluten free, vegan, oatmeal, chocolate chip, dessert, healthy